Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Thanks Coach - You're a Slam Dunk!

Tuesday Greetings to you!

I don't know about you, but we have been having some brutal cold weather! Last week we were in the single digits with windchills in the negative numbers! Our temps are highs in the 30's today, and after last week that feels like a heatwave! Bring on spring! However it was 7 degrees when I woke up this morning! 

Well, I had a card I needed to work on for my short stack to give to his Coach at the end of the basketball season.  My little guy lucked out with a great coach. His team didn't have a coach, and this awesome guy stepped up and volunteered and he is amazing! He doesn't have a child on the team, so he is doing it purely for the love of the sport and mentoring kids. He is such a positive influence, and he NEVER gets upset with them. He always has something good and encouraging to say! 

I used a Deconstructed Sketch for inspiration of my layout.
The Star and Basketball were created by using my Cameo.  All the papers are bits from my stash.  The sentiment is from Jaded Blossom: Go Team, Washi Tape: The Kraft Outlet.


Here is the sketch:
I am also joining in at City Crafter's Challenge: Use It Up!

and at Simon Says Stamp: No Rules

Thanks for popping by for a look!
Have a fantastic Tuesday! 
~Tammy~

15 comments:

Lisa said...

What a fabulous card!! I love the papers you used!! Your son's coach will love it!! We've had the same bitter cold but it's -10 right now. I am so over winter. Ugh. Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this card is just so perfect. I need to make a card for my son's coach - just perfect

Sherrie K. said...

Great card Tammy! I am sure his coach will love it! It is awesome to hear he has such a wonderful coach and seems to have a passion for kids and the sport!

My hubby still volunteers at the hockey shelter maintaining the ice plant even though our children have been out of hockey for 10 years~one way we can give to the community and he loves to stay involved:)
Hope your weather warms up...we have been cold to! I am kind of ready for spring to get here now:)
Have a great day...hope you are doing well!
Sherrie K

Maria said...

What a fab card, Tammy! Wonderful basketball and star! How awesome for the guy to step up and coach! I'm sure the coach will appreciate the thoughtful fun card!:-)

jessica said...

Your card is AWESOME Tammy!!! LOVE it and I bet the coach did as well!!!!
Stay warm my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

FANTASTIC card!! The patterns and shapes are perfect for your little guy to give his coach. Sounds like a great guy. No school for the kids here today, windchills 20 below BRRRRR!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your sons coach will love it Tammy!! Perfect!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the basketball!!!

Sukie said...

Super fun card, love the colors and patterns you selected! Great take on the sketch! The star with the basketball in the center is such a fun centerpiece on your card, it looks awesome!

Kara Lynne said...

Such a fun card and just perfect for the coach! It's wonderful to hear that your son had a inspiring mentor.

Audrey Pettit said...

Sounds like you guys were blessed with an awesome coach and mentor this year! I love good stories like that, and I'm sure he's going to love this card! Great layers and great sentiment, and that layered star with the basketball cut is adorable. Really love the bit of washi across the bottom, too!

Stella said...

Tammy you nailed our theme and your card is beautiful. Fab way to use your scraps. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Greta said...

Oh what a great card for the coach! How wonderful there are some people like him out there!

Samra said...

What a fun card and great use of scraps! Thank you for joining us this week at CCCB!
Samra DT