Monday, February 23, 2015

Clean and Simple Birthday Card

Hi there!

I have a Clean and Simple card for our new challenge at The Kraft Journal. The challenge is to create a CAS - One Layer Card.

Here is what I have for you! 
I needed a masculine birthday card, so I was looking through various stamps I had that would work for this one layer card. I went with PTI Enjoy The Ride. I stamped and did a little paper-piecing, and colored in the rest with my Copics. I used Brown Kraft Cover Weight cardstock for the base. 
I wanted to give it a little more something, so I took a length of Sunny Yellow Hemp Cord from the Pastel Hemp Cord collection and wrapped it around the top of the card and tied in a double bow.

Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your CAS- One Layer creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

Have a wonderful Week!
~Tammy~

14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your little herringbone VW is just too much fun Tammy!! CUTE card ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING that car!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is uh-dorable, Tammy! Perfect masculine card and perfect one-layer design. I love that little car image you used, and the paper piecing adds so much charm and character. Really love the combo of color and pattern!
I hear you on the snow and school delays.... we missed four and half days last week that we have to make up. Thank goodness today we went back to our normal schedule... :)

Lisa said...

One layer card, what is that? Does not compute...Just kidding ;) This is so fabulous!! I love the adorable car and how you colored/paper pieced it!! This is awesome my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Maria said...

Wow! What a fun paper pieced car! A great masculine card...love it!

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the card Tammy. Fun and creative. - Jim

Anonymous said...

CAS perfect!!

Kara Lynne said...

That is such a fun VW! Love the paper piecing!

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome card Tammy!

Sukie said...

Great CAS card, love the fun image and your piecing of it! The hemp cording gives it a great pop of color!

Tracey said...

Adorable Tammy...love your choice of colours for the car, great cas card!

jessica said...

Such a GREAT CAS card!!!!!

Greta said...

This is just adorable, Tammy! Love the paper pieced VW!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a great, guy card, Tammy! Totally in love with the houndstooth!