Friday, March 16, 2012

A little shabby spring

Hello Friday~

**A Big Wohoo I am so excited this card was chosen as The Shabby Tea Room Winner of the Week**

I was inspired this week by the current inspiration at The Shabby Tea Room. You choose at least three of your colors from the paint jars in the photo which was placed on a wooden floor I presume. You also were asked to incorporate dry embossing. The photo can be seen at bottom of post.

For my embossing, I used the letter press technique using my wood impression plate.  I started with a vintage cream card layer but used a brayer to run a darker ink on my impression plate prior to setting my cream card stock down before running it through my Big Shot. It goes nicely with my Kraft card base.

Next, I added layers of patterned paper adding some white paint to the bottom which represent the paint bottles in the photo. Some aqua ric rac was added along with some vintage seam binding tied in a fussy bow finished with a button and curly twine.  My Sentiment is from Wilson Designs Lacey Lovelies
Here the focus is on the tag and flower that was created from some soft pink felt. I stamped the polk-a-dots from Wilson Designs Scoot Away With Me at the bottom and added some yellow twine to the base. I created a felt flower by using a blossom spellbinder die.
Photo inspiration from The Shabby Tea Room
 
I am also having fun over at Pixie's Snippet Playground and Jay Gee's Nook too!
Have a great start to your weekend!
~Tammy~
{Recipe}
Stamps: Wilson Designs:Lacey Lovelies, Scoot Away With Me
Paper: CS: Stampin' UP!, PP: Scraps
Ink: PTI, Versafine
Other: Dies: Spellbinders, Buttons: DeNami Designs, Twine, Flower, Michaels, Seam Binding:Etsy, Ric Rac: Joannes

40 comments:

Annette Allen said...

Tammy this is GORGEOUS...I love love love it....

VanessaB said...

so much went into making this and i just LOOOOVE it! what a wonderful combinations of mediums and colors: awesome card! :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Very pretty Tammy..
love all those colours that you used...

Unknown said...

Simply Beautiful Tammy Hugs Elaine

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Tammy. How sweet and such a gorgeous card. Love the design and the flower. The background embossed is fantastic. I love it.
Love Sandra xxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Tammy,love the flower on the tag,beautiful.xxx

Marlena M. said...

It's so pretty Tammy! I love the woodgrain background and lovely elements.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh so pretty!! fantastic

Maria said...

Oh, so pretty! I love all the colors you incorporated and stunning flower!

Theresa said...

Tammy,

This is so pretty. I love the colors, the ric rack is the perfect touch. Beautifully done!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You were way inspired, Tammy! The letterpress wood grain is beautiful, as is that flower.

Joyce said...

This is so pretty!

Debbie said...

This is FAB-U-LOUS ... just perfect for our Tea Room challenge this week - WOW!! Love that pink bloom and how you created the wood texture background paper!!!

Lesley said...

What a gorgeous card Tammy! Love the softness that flower brings and the woodgrain is an awesome accent too!! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog.
Smiles,
Lesley

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeeee that wood grain paper and the flower is AMAZING!!! WOW!!

Jay Gee said...

Wow! The flower you made is beautiful Tammy and I love the woodgrain panel. I love the whole card! Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

jen said...

Oh.My.Word. totally love this! That woodgrain is perfection! I've used my plate for this before, but finally got a brayer, so excited to try it out for the letterpress!
Fantastic take on the inspiration!

Tan's Hobbies said...

Absolutely Gorgeous, Tammy! I love the felt flowers (it is too sweet), love the twines, love the background, love the ribbon, OMG! I love the whole things!! Love the sweet and fun colors=)

PS: Please hop on my blog; I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award.

Ryann said...

Gorgeous card, Tammy! I love everything about it!

kasia c. said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! WOW!!

Di said...

A real stunner Tammy - I love everything about this card. You sure cracked the colours too, beautiful! Di xx

Mary J said...

That is so fresh and gorgeous Tammy! Love that flower!

Donna said...

Wow Tammy this is gorgeous, I love these colours together and your beautiful shabby design, stunning hun :) Donna ♥ x

PS: Thank you for the lovely encouraging comment over at mine ♥♥♥

Karen B. said...

Beautiful Tammy! The punch of red is gorgeous!

Debbie Corbari said...

WOW! This card is FABULOUS! What a great take on the photo inspiration! I love that pink flower tag!

Tenia Nelson said...

This is gorgeous dearie!!!

Pauline said...

Wow Tammy, I love this so much! what a fabulous effect you created with the faux letterpress technique, that woodgrain looks amazing!! Love the felty flower, ric rac and bakers twine, such a fab mix of elements and textures!

cheryl said...

oh Tammy this is just brilliant,the detail is amazing the detail Hun is just brilliant,love that felt flower hugs Cherylxxxxx

Sherrie K. said...

WOW!!! I love this card! So much color and so many fun elements! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Eve said...

oh how Pretty! Great choice of color combination, too! :-)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the woodgrain on this card.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Tammy!!! I love the colors and the layout :-)Thank you for sharing your adorable card this week in The Shabby Tea Room :-)

Bernie said...

Gorgeous Tammy! Love that beautiful flower and the woodgain background, must try that.
Hugs

Cassi said...

love your woodgrain background, beautiful!

Starr said...

Hi Tammy! Congratulations for being TSTR winner this week. Your card is just stunning, thanks so much for sharing your beautiful creation with us!

Hugs,
Starr

Elizabeth Allan said...

Congratulations Tammy! Wonderful textural elements in the flower and ribbon! Gorgeous!

maria f. said...

This is bright and beautiful. What a cool challenge with those paint jars and you using some white paint swiped onto the PP. Congrats on your recognition.

Stella said...

Ths flower has so many details that I just love, gingham, polka dots, a bow and that f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s flower. Such a precious handmade jwel!
XX

Kathy said...

Congratulations! So many wonderfully fun details here..the felt flower, the strokes of paint across the bottom, and the wonderful letterpress woodgrain...all make such a fun spring card!

Unknown said...

Tammy, this card is simply stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month ... Ange