Friday, February 27, 2015

Monster Birthday Wishes

Hey there!

{I am super honored that this cutie was selected as the winner at The City Crafter Challenge on 3/3/15}

I have a cute little birthday card for you. I needed to add some kid birthday cards in the stash, so I took advantage of the snow day yesterday and got inky! It also gave me the opportunity to use up more scraps! It was not a good photography day since it was gloomy and snowy! 

 I started with a Tempting Turquoise card base. I added an embossed white layer which I cut using Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies from My Creative Time. I added my paper layers gathered from my scraps!:-) I stamped and paper pieced my cute little Monster from TAWS: Monster Mash adding him to the right side of the card. I did give him a fun goggly eye! :-)
Using more scraps, I die-cut some Stitched Balloons from My Creative Time adding baker's twine for strings.  Lastly I added the cute sentiment from TAWS: Monster Mash.

Inspiration was found at:


Thank you for popping by! I hope you have a Fantastic Friday!
~Tammy~

18 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I always love monsters and that little cyclops just makes me smile! Thank you so much for playing with us at colour me...!

Maria said...

So cute and fun, Tammy! Darling little monster with the big googly eye!

katieo said...

Bright and cheerful. Gray kids card

Audrey Pettit said...

This is such an adorable birthday card, Tammy! What kid wouldn't fall in love with that sweet monster and his big googly eye! Love the bright colors! Love the balloons, too! Really, really fun!

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! I really struggle with inspiration for kid's cards so thank you so much for sharing. :) Julia

Greta said...

This is so cute, Tammy! Stay safe & warm!

Ros Crawford said...

Terrific card! Beautiful colours!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooo cute! I love love love the monster and the balloons!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

How FUN!! I think the little monster is perfect for a kiddo's birthday card, they'll love it!

jessica said...

This is so super ADORABLE Tammy!!!!
LOVE the adorable monster!

Kara Lynne said...

What a cute monster with that tooth hanging out! Love the balloons!

Jenny Engelke said...

This is just about as cute as you can get, Tammy! What an awesome way to use the challenge colors!!! We are so glad you joined us at Colour Me this week! ♥

Samra said...

Oh my, this is outrageously cute!!! Thank you for joining us this week at CCCB!
Samra DT

Jinny Newlin said...

Uber cute, Tammy! Such a bright, playful design, and I just love your mix of patterns!

Sukie said...

Super fun card, love the one-eyed monster! The balloon bouquet is so fun and I just love the fun sentiment!

Colleen Dietrich said...

So cute! I like the die cut balloons next to this little guy (or girl?). :)

Stella said...

You are on a roll:) And I love this. So cute! And balloons are right up my alleye:)
Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Greta said...

Hurrah, Tammy! Congrats on the win at CCCB!