Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC46

Hi~


The passing of my grandmother continues to be a life changing event. I have leaned on her for my entire life, and I guess you just assume that she'll always be there (which of course, she will be, but her physical presence will be missed by many). It feels like there is a huge void in my life and finding that creative spark has been a bit of a challenge. Over time, I'm sure that my memories of her will help to inspire, but right now, I'm still stunned.


My grandmother and I share a favorite color: PINK! Her dedication to the color pink is unparalleled. The house that she lived in for sixty years was a beautiful pastel pink. In Florida you can get away with that! She always had these cute little Flamingos in the front yard.  I have always been drawn to the color. Pink is one of those colors that you love or steer clear of, and where I stand is obvious . Just ask my hubby! He looks like such a tough soldier when he's forced to use my bright pink phone in public!!!!


This week challenge at The Play Date Cafe is Color Splash Black, White with.....

PinkCopper or Gold.

of course I went with Pink! I am not sure if it's because I am having a hard time getting back into the swing of things, but every idea I had to create my card for this challenge I ended up scrapping and in the end I ended up with this, but I like it. Sometimes that is how the dice rolls!


Thanks for stopping by today!
~Warm Aloha~
~Tammy~

11 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

So pretty how you used two tiny blings in the black butterflies and one larger on in the pink! Sweet CAS card!

Lisa Somerville said...

So sorry about your grandmother - I'm sure she would have loved your card using her favorite color! Very pretty! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Karen B. said...

A new blog look? Very nice! What another wonderful tribute to your grandmother in this clean and simple card.

Courtney Baker said...

Well this is certainly beautiful! I'm sorry again for your loss.

Michele Gross said...

This is lovely Tammy! The patterns and soft textures...just lovely :) I lost my special Grandma in 2001 to pancreatic cancer and it totally rocked me. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. Hang in there ;) The fond loving memories will start to overtake the grief, it just takes time :)

Kim Wilson said...

I love that you are so inspired by her! It is awesome to take from the memories you shared to create!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super elegant card, Tammy. Love the embossed background and the wonderful splash of pink on your gorgeous CAS card. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats on cup of the week!!! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Tammy, first: so sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. My favorite mom-mom died 12 years ago; just before my first child was born. I STILL miss her now. I dream of her all the time. So, my sympathies go out to your heart directly.

And on a brighter note, Congrats on winning at PDCC! Turns out the card you wound up with was a winner! I hope you have fun with your prize package.

You take care.

Lavender Rose said...

Congratulations on winning Tammy, your card is beautiful, you did your grahdmother proud!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This trio of butterflies is super cute!!!!! Love how the the polka dot paper matches the embossed paper! CLEVER:) Thanks for playing along with us and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)