Sunday, February 1, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day - PSIC#28

Hi There!

I am back after taking a few months off with the new inspiration challenge at Paper Sweeties! It's a pretty one!  I kept my card simply only because I knew this would be going in the mail. :-)
Link to products listed at bottom
I started with a pink card base which I adhered a piece of damask patterned paper after the edges have been distressed. Using a framed Sweet Cut die, which was cut from white card stock and inked around the edges with Antique Linen for a vintage feel, I added it to the left center of the card front. I hand-cut a sentiment banner from the same pink cardstock the base was created from and stamped Valentine's Day in red ink which was adhered and anchored with a red button laced with hemp twine.  Using a Paper Sweeties sentiment set, I masked off part of the sentiment to allow only Happy to show on the white frame just above the banner. Two hearts were die-cut from various patterned papers from my stash and adhered to the upper left portion of the frame.  A length of twine was wrapped around the top portion of the card and tied in a double bow.  Lastly, inspired by the candies in the photo, a few enamel dots were placed in the lower right corner for a final finishing touch. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paper Sweeties Products Used
Sequins - Tuti-Fruiti
Other Products Used
Enamel Dots - Teresa Collins
Here is the Inspiration photo:
Please visit the other talented ladies for further inspiration!
February Guest Designer:  Sierra Winters
Other Paper Sweeties News:

Design Team Call ...



I hope you have a wonderful day!
~Tammy~

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful! LOVING the little hearts!!!!

Maria said...

A beautiful Valentine card! Very pretty hearts and love how you did the sentiment! The recipient will love it!:-)

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous!!I love the colors!! The hearts are so pretty!! Beautiful card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darnell said...

You know I love simple, Tammy, so I'm head over heels about this card! The design is so sweet with the pretty patterned papers in the mints and pinks!! Hugs, Darnell

Nana said...

Such a beautiful card Tammy. Love the papers, the soft colors and the fabulous hearts.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Karen said...

Tammy, you make the sweetest and most beautiful Valentines! (And every other theme, too... hehe!) The color palette is gorgeous and I love the pretty hearts! :o) The enamel dots are such a sweet touch and I can't get enough of your pretty twine. :o) Exquisitely done as always, my sweet friend! Have a blessed and beautiful night, filled with love and sparkles. :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Kara Lynne said...

Such a sweet Valentine! I love your colors and pretty papers.

Lisa Elton said...

It's simple and perfectly sweet Tammy! I love the pair of patterned hearts!!

Donna K said...

Pretty, pretty...glad to see you are back! Those enamel dots and cute button are so sweet. Great card Tammy.

Audrey Pettit said...

Very sweet, my friend!

Sukie said...

I'm not sure how I missed this beauty yesterday. Maybe all of the excitement of the Super Bowl, hehe! Your card is gorgeous, love the background paper with the pop of twine! The way you added the sentiment looks fabulous and I just love the button and enamel dots! Gorgeous all the way around!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the mixed patterns! And the distressing, and the enamel dots...simply pretty!