Sunday, November 21, 2010

Season's Greetings

Hello!

I saw the colors for the Embellish Magazine Challenge and I knew I had to make a card using those colors and play along. The second component to their challenge is to make it a Holiday Theme Card.

The colors are Pink, Red, Green, and Brown! Love it!



I used tone on tone stamping with Pink Pirouette to randomly create a background image with various snowflakes from several different stamp sets. I love mixing and matching sets. Two sets are from Stampin' UP! and one is from Wilson Designs - Snowy Wishes. I distressed my edges with Vintage Tea Stain ink. I then used my Cricut to cut my center image and stamped a musical background image from Timeless Textures from Skipping Stones Designs. I also distressed this to give it a old time Vintage feel!

Again using my Cricut to cut and shadow my Season's Greeting sentiment, I chose to use green and red so it would stand out, and I placed it onto the musical focal point. 

I wanted some darling mittens to add to this Holiday card, so I cut those out and adhered them together and added a button! Adding some beautiful green ribbon for balance and some buttons as a finishing touch. This completes this little vintage holiday greeting!

I am also playing along with Pals Paper Arts - Clean & Simple, Diecuts Dreams Christmas - Anything Goes Christmas, Frosted Designs - Distressing, Our Daily Bread - Holiday, One Stitch at a Time - Chose your Theme or Holiday - Christmas, Alota Rubber Stamps - Let's Celebrate, Simon Stamp  & Show - Whatever Makes You Happy- Mittens and Christmas :-).
Hope you have a great day!
~Tammy~

{Recipe}
Stamps:  Stampin' UP!: Snow Swirled, Patterned Pines, Wilson Designs: Snowy Wishes, Skipping Stones: Timeless Textures
Paper: CS: Stampin'  UP!
Ink: Stampin UP!, PTI: Vintage Tea Dye
Other: Ribbon: Stampin' UP!, Cricut, Buttons" PTI

13 comments:

Liz said...

Very beautiful tammy so glad you decided to play along at OSAAT

LIZ X

Karen said...

Very nice, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Holiday creation. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week.

Colleen Dietrich said...

I saw the embellish colors, too, and thought they look like fun to play with! Your card makes me happy to look at. :)

uksharon said...

Great entry.
Thanks for joining us OSAAT challenge this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Laney said...

WOW!! Super card!!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week would love to see you next week too
hugs
laney

sara said...

fab card thanks for joining us at DCD christmas club
hugs sara x

Cards by Gina said...

Pretty card! Thanks so much for playing with us at PPA this week!

Charlene Austin said...

OK...everything about this card is just perfect!! I love the pink on pink background and the focal piece is TO DIE FOR! Thanks so much for playing along with Embellish!

Lori said...

Love the design of this card, thanks for joining us at the Die Cut Dreams Christmas blog this week, we're so happy to have you!

Unknown said...

yummy color combinations! love the sheet music paper too! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Absolutely beautiful - thanks for celebrating with us at OSAAT this week
Hugs,
Debbie x

Mariana Grigsby said...

Beautiful card and design. I love those little mittens and buttons :) Thanks for playing along with us!