Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Jay Gee's Nook Challenge #2

Hey there!

Can you believe that November has come and gone? I feel like 2010 was such a blur for me with a husband deployed for more than half of it. The second half I lost someone very special to me, focusing on selling a house, and trying to gear up to leave a place we have lived for 9 years. I feel like I have just bounced around and got through some how.

I played along in Jay Gee's Nook first challenge, and while I still have my crafty items available, I wanted to play along in her 2nd challenge. I love the inspiration photographs that she finds. It makes me want to run right to my crafting area and play along.

I started with Kraft cardstock from Stampin' UP! and added designer paper from The Angel Company (TAC) and distressed the edges with Vintage Tea Stain ink. I added a strip of red card stock I had in my stash and I stamped various images in VersaMark Ink from my Stampin' UP! Winter Post set and also adding the snowflake from Wilson Designs Snowy Wishes. It's the perfect little snowflake to add in between images. (**Wilson Designs has a new release next week so stay tuned!!**) I tied a red gingham ribbon knot around my red card stock to tie in with the inspiration photograph below.
I circle punched my designer paper and stamped in Soft Suede the post mark stamp and adhered it to my doily. I then stamped my Do Not Open til Dec 25 sentiment and added that to my card. Lastly, I embellished with two snowflakes adding gold dew drops to the centers.
I just couldn't resist the homespun feel of this photograph! There is something comforting about it don't you think?

I am also playing along with Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC95) - Have a doily look.

That's it for me today! Thanks for visiting!
~Tammy~

{Recipe}
Stamps:  Stampin' UP!: Winter Post, Wilson Designs: Snowy Wishes
Paper: CS: Stampin' UP!: Kraft, Real Red, DP: The Angel Company: More Mimi
Ink: Stampin UP!: Soft Suede, Real Red, VersaMark,Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Other: Martha Stewart Doily, Punches: Martha Stewart, Stampin' UP!, Marvy, Ribbon: Offray, Dew Drops

8 comments:

Maria Matter said...

beautiful card Tammy! thanks for sharing the challenge link, what a fun inspiration photo! great job!
xxx

Diane Jaquay said...

This is lovely! I love the homespun feel, and the postage stamp!

Jay Gee said...

Great card Tammy, perfect for the challenge! I really love the postage stamp and the doily. Is that a Martha Stewart doily? Thanks so much for playing in our challenge again. Hugs Judith

Amy Kolling said...

Tammy, this card is FANTASTIC!!! I love the homey feel and those Dec. 25th stamps! I just may have to play along with this one....just to fun not too!

Michele Gross said...

Um...can you say STUNNING??? I LOVE this card! It is so soft and so pretty and so...yummy! Awesome :)

jen said...

oooooooooooh! this is SO pretty! Love your take on the inspiration photo- ribbon treatment, etc!! :)
Thanks for all your sweet comments too! Good luck with the move!

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I didn't see this card before. It's absolutely beautiful!!

Unknown said...

This is a stunning card Tammy! Love that little snowflake. Thanks for playing along with us this month ... Ange