Friday, November 26, 2010

Off The Wall Craftiness Challenge #35 Give Thanks

Hello there,
I am guessing many of my friends who celebrate Thanksgiving are plenty full from their Thanksgiving feast! 

I have a lot to be thankful for this year. One thing that comes to mind is having my husband home on American soil and not deployed. My thoughts go out to the families who are separated during the holidays. I have been there and I know how difficult this time of year can be on families of deployed soldiers. 
Here is my super simple card. I took brown cardstock and added a layer of Stampin' UP! pattern paper I had in my stash and rounded the corners with my Corner Chomper. I took some baker's twine and criss-crossed it across my card. I added tea stain to the edges of my Take Note Die image and finished it off with two dark chocolate buttons. The stamps I used are by The Angel Company.

Here is the inspiration photos this week!
Cranberry, Brown, Orange
I hope you will head over to OTWC Blog to get the details for this weeks challenge and prize that is up for grabs by this weeks sponsor: Best Creations. We look forward to seeing your wonderful creations! Be sure to head over to the other design team blogs for some inspiration! 
~Tammy~



{Recipe}
Stamps:  The Angel Company, Give Thanks
Paper: Stampin'  UP!, PTI: Vintage Tea Stain
Ink: Stampin' UP!
Other: Buttons: PTI, Twine, PTI, Die, Taylored Expresions, foam mounting tape, glue dots

6 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What a wonderful card!!! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!

Amy Kolling said...

I always loved that pumpkin image from TAC! (I'm surprised that is one set that I DON'T have...LOL) Love how you wrapped your card with the twine!

jen said...

This is GORGEOUS!! Love all the elements you used... :)

Michele Gross said...

Tammy this is so pretty! I love the buttons tied on with the baker's twine. Just scrumptious!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family :)

Unknown said...

Love the layered pumpkin & sentiment. The buttons and twine are the perfect fit!

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is great how you created your focal point with that image, buttons and twine. So clean - love it! btw, saw your comment on amy's blog, you can always create polka dots with a pencil eraser. :)