Monday, February 24, 2014

The Kraft Journal #160 - Sketch Challenge

Hello!

Are you ready for another fresh start to the week with a new challenge at The Kraft Journal?  This week we have a sketch for you to try.
I kept pretty true to the sketch, and it's sure nice to have a pattern to follow and easy enough to crank out quickly. I hope you will give it a try and link up with us this week.

I started with a base of Brown Kraft Cover Weight cardstock next adding a piece of patterned paper that has had the edges distressed.  I layered a piece of patterned paper vertically to the left portion of the card front next adding a length of Black Twill Tape which I wrapped around the card front and tying off in a bow which I then paired with a Pastel Hemp Cord bow embellished with a Custom Faster. Lastly, I added my stamped image from Waltzigmouse Stamps Blessed By You onto Brown Kraft Cover Weight cardstock.  I then added it to a scallop circle cut from Blackboard Stock Paper

Below you will find the sketch to join in the fun this week at The Kraft Journal
Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your Sketch Pattern creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

I am going to share at Just B Crazy - February Linky Party and Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes.

Have a wonderful week!
Blessings!
~Tammy~

13 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Great take on that sketch, Tammy! Love the fun and funky tree image and love that adorable paper. Your ribbon treatment is really fabulous, too!

Maria said...

Lovely card, Tammy, with tree image, fab paper, and ribbon! Take care, hugs!

Lisa Elton said...

I REALLY like this folk art tree Tammy!! Those little tickets on the DP are pretty cute too. Delightful card my friend. Hope you're feeling better ;)

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card! I love the pattern paper and the fun distressed edges! Great design:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Tammy,
A very interesting image, and quite beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. Blessings, Carole DT

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the tree and the papers you used!! Fabulous card!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

DIANA L. said...

Great card Tammu, Such ispiration I am looking forward to playing along. Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

jessica said...

This is beautiful Tammy!
Love your take on the sketch!!!!
Hoping to be able to play along this week :)
Hope you are doing well!!!
Hugs my friend!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful! LOVING the tree and the colors!!!!

Gail said...

Loving the layout and papers - nice job! Thank you for taking the time to enter the Word Art Wednesday Challenge this week - I wish you the best on the draw - have a lovely week - Gail GDT

Saints Rule! said...

Love all the fun layers and shabby details! Thank you so much for blessing us with your art work at Word Art Wednesday! We appreciate you joining us this week and hope to see you again!

Stella said...

Fab take on the sketch and beautiful papers. Love your card!
Hopefully you are on the mend and with less pain. Thinking of you; sending a hug!
XX

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your papers and the tree!