Thursday, February 13, 2014

Paper Sweeties February Day 1 Sneak Peek and update

Hi!

I wanted to edit in a personal note to update my bloggy friends what has been going on with me. I have been recovering from a shoulder separation as a result from an injury I received on the 31st of January. I have been immobile, so that is why I have not been around to visit and I have missed some postings. Luckily I had several projects completed ahead of time. It's been quite painful and was a scary experience as I hit head first and an ER visit with a slow recovery. I am grateful because the outcome could have been a lot worse. I am breaking free from my split to type this long paragraph before we get to the reason why you might be here today.

So Welcome to the kickoff of the February Paper Sweeties Countdown release where the design team shares peeks of brand new products set to be released on the 15th. All this winter cold and weather we are having has me really longing for spring, so I worked with a set called Welcome Spring.
I've started the card by pulling together papers that reminded me of spring. I stamped the focal image in green ink and colored the leaves in with copics. I am showing off two of the sentiments that come in the set. 
Hope you stop by the rest of the design team to see what they have to share with you!

19 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh jeez, Tammy, that's awful! And so scary. I hope you have a quick recovery & are already starting to feel better.

Benzi said...

Tammy, that's bad news but I'm so happy you're no worse than you are. Bad things happen suddenly and it's scary. Hope you are much better soon.

Your card is certainly full of Spring and new beginnings. Can't wait! This is a very pretty reminder of what's ahead.

jessica said...

OMG Tammy!!! I am so very sorry to hear this and I am sending BIG hugs for a speedy recovery!!!!!!
Super adorable card! LOVE the colors and the great card LO!
Take care my friend!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

so sorry to hear this!!! hope you are on the mend!!!((hugs))
super cute card

sandi said...

Oh how pretty! I LOVE this!!!!!!

Jill Norwood said...

Tammy I am so very sorry to hear about your accident and shoulder injury! I hope each day finds you doing better and better! Blessings!!!! Thanks for posting such a sweet card!!!! Take good care of yourself!!!! Hugs - Jill

Lisa Elton said...

I thought something was up when you weren't in the last DeNami hop. SO SORRY to hear this Tammy, sending BIG HUGS and speedy recovery wishes your way. Your PS card is a pretty breath of fresh spring air. Will this winter madness ever end!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, Tammy, I hope you are feeling much better my friend. Sending you lots of comforting hugs.

Your card is so beautiful!! I love the layers and the design!! The colors are fabulous!! Feel better!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Maria said...

Oh, my! So sorry Tammy to hear about your shoulder! I'll keep you in thought and prayer for a speedy recovery! Your card is bright and cheerful, which is perfect for a spring card...love it! Take care, hugs!

Marybeth said...

Oh my Tammy so sorry to hear about all your pain .. Praying you are on the mend .
Your card looks like our sunny weather here in CA simply beautiful!

Debbie said...

So bright, cheery and springy ... love it Tammy! Hope you continue to heal and get well soon, my friend :) Hugs - xoxo

Annette Allen said...

Tammy this is so totally sweet.. love it

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the green button that grounds this FAB card and it looks so FAB with two sentiments! Just BEAUTIFUL! Take care of yourself and follow the doctor's orders!

Stef H said...

simple, yet elegant!

Stella said...

Take care sweetie; your card is lovely....
XX

Michelle said...

Cheers to a speedy recovery! Love this adorabloe card, Tammy!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I hope you recover quickly! Poor thing! My boss fell and broke her hip 2 months ago. You just never know when an accident might happen! it IS scary!
but your card..is adorable!!! I just love the doilies!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh no! I am sorry to hear you got hurt! That sounds PAINFUL. I imagine doing ANYthing is difficult. You poor girl. Take it easy. We will all be here when you are ready to come play!

Pauline said...

A lovely spring time card Tammy, that tree is gorgeous!