Monday, February 17, 2014

The Kraft Journal #159 Die-Cuts

Hey there!

I hope this finds you all rested from your weekend and ready to start a new week! I am still recovering from a shoulder separation. I am taking it one day at a time.  I have a card to share with you for the new challenge at The Kraft Journal. Luckily this is another project I had completed prior to injury. Just had to have some help with photographing etc.

So for today's challenge at The Kraft Journal "Die-Cuts", I used 8 different dies and a total of 9 dies on the card. I love using die-cuts. They work beautifully with felt, and I incorporated that today.

I started with a Brown Kraft Cover Weight cardstock base. I covered the front of the card with patterned paper leaving a portion of the Kraft exposed for the sentiment.  I took a length of Natural Twill Tape and wrapped it around the card front tying in a bow adding another bow using Metallic Twist Hemp Cord finishing it off with a button.

I used a die-cut frame from Brown Kraft Cover Weight and used Buff Ivory Cardstock to die-cut a square with my stamped image to nestle inside the frame. Below the stamped focal image, I have die-cut a border from Buff Ivory Cardstock to place where the patterned papers join. I have taken several flower dies from my collection to create felt layered flowers embellishing with buttons and pearls. 

Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your die-cut creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

Have a wonderful day!
~Tammy~

13 comments:

Annette Allen said...

gorgeous card Tammy.. love the added flowers..

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love the spring flowers!!! with an ice storm coming our way-these flowers are so awesome

Audrey Pettit said...

oh, WOW! Your card is absolutely stunning, Tammy! I ADORE all those die cuts! The felt flowers are fabulous! Really love the mixture with the stamped flowers, and this whole color combo rocks. I SO love the orange...one of my most favorite colors.
Really sorry to hear about your shoulder injury, as I know that must be so painful. Hope you feel better soon!

Maria said...

Gorgeous card, Tammy, with soft colors! I just LOVE all those pretty flowers! Take good care with your shoulder and hope you recover soon, hugs!

jessica said...

OMG Tammy!
What a beautiful card! The color combo is awesome, the die cuts....LOVE them and all the extra embellishing...FAB!!!
Another GORGEOUS project!

Lisa Elton said...

MARVELOUS card Tammy!! The pops of happy orange are perfect to wipe out the winter doldrums!! Feel better ;)

Lisa said...

Gorgeous!! Love the beautiful colors and papers!! So fabulous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Jennifer said...

Such a beautiful card Tammy. Sorry to hear about your shoulder...hope your on the mend.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the colors! LOVE the felt flowers! This is one GORGEOUS card! Hope your shoulder gets better soon!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful!! LOVING those flowers!!!!!!

Emily Keaton said...

So beautiful, Tammy!!

Jessi Fogan said...

I hope your shoulder is continuing to heal - and that you're able to let it without overdoing it!
This card is stunning - beautiful colours, and so soothing. Orange & soothing - only you, Tammy! That's absolutely fabulous :) Love the felt!

Sleepy Stamper said...

What a great color combo Tammy! Love how you have die cut the felt! Hope you have a speedy recovery.
Anitra