Monday, October 12, 2015

The Kraft Journal - Take Your Pick - Halloween

Good Monday Morning to you!

Our challenge this week at The Kraft Journal is Take Your Pick where you get to pick at least three items from the chart below. This week I choose: Baker's Twine, Die-Cut, Pumpkin, Glitter, Buttons, Stamped, Black. I lacked the tag or I would have incorporated all the choices.
I began my card with a card base made from Blackboard Stock Paper.  I layered a piece of Orange and Black patterned paper adding to that a layer cut from Vintage Dictionary Pages. In my stash, I had a Halloween Journal card which I placed over the Vintage Dictionary Page.  Using a scrap of Blackboard Stock Paper, I die-cut a star adding to the center. I then stamped a Jack-O-Lantern and dotted circle border image to the center of a circle die-cut made from Buff Ivory Cardstock which I framed with a scallop circle created from orange cardstock. I added some iridescent glitter to the Jack-O-Lantern image.  (which disappointingly is not showing up well here)
After I was done giving Mr. Jack a touch of glitz, I added the prepped focal image to the center of the black die-cut star. I stamped Halloween on a banner created from Buff Ivory Cardstock and used an Orange Wooden Clothespin to hold it in place. Next I had some fun with Orange Baker's Twine by adding a tiny double bow to the top of the focal image as well as playfully adding it to the right side of the card front.  Lastly, I added three black buttons to the bottom portion of the card. 

Other Products Used
Stamps: DeNami Design
Buttons: Hobby Lobby
Patterned Paper: Reflections (no longer available)

Here is the Take Your Pick choices for this week's challenge.

Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your Take Your Pick creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

I am also sharing at D.L. Art - Halloween. 
Have a great week!
~Tammy~

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING that pumpkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

OH! This is beautiful! Fabulous layering, WOW! Love how you clipped the sentiment and love that happy pumpkin. The trio of black buttons at the bottom is gorgeous, too!

Lisa Elton said...

Layers of Halloween cuteness Tammy! Love your happy little jack-o-lantern front and center!

Nana said...

Beautiful. Love the colors and all the layering.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!! That little happy pumpkin makes me smile!! I love all of the details you added!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Spooky fun! Great layers! Thanks for joining us over at DL ART! DT member DL.ART Carri~Abusybee
My Blog!

katieo said...

I love the pumpkin in a star. So darn cute. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Halloween Challenge
KatieO
DL.ART-DTmember

DIANA L. said...

I love it Tammy great papers super fun design!! Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday
October LINKY challenge. Have a blessed day, DIANA L.
DL.ART Design team