Monday, May 14, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Christmas Card

Hey everyone!

**WooHoo This card was chosen as a Top Mouse for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge**

For those of you who celebrated Mother's Day yesterday I hope it was a special one whether you are a mother or honoring your mother. None of us would be here without those special ladies! :-)

I have a card I put together very quickly because, well like most, it's the top of the week and the to do list is very long!  The Waltzingmouse Sketch this week made it easy to assemble this quick card, and I need to start building up my Christmas stash, so I am not frantic come Holiday time. I still don't make enough to send handmade Christmas cards to our entire list, but I try my best to send out special ones to very close friends and family! 

Here is my take on the sketch! 
I used Vintage Ornaments for both the focal image as well as the sentiment. My papers are from DCWV Christmas Stack.  

I, of course, like to embellish/dress things up a bit so I added a gold glittered star with a pearl to the ornament. Some gold jingle bells were tied around my fussy seam binding embellished bow.  Last but not least you will find three golden pearls under the sentiment! :-)

Here is the sketch for the week!

WMSC97
I hope your week is a goody!
Hugs,
~Tammy~

25 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous, I love the colours.xxx

Anonymous said...

Tammy~You are always so inspiring to me. I love what you do with all of your cards. They are always beautiful. TFS.

Colleen Dietrich said...

I do love pearls, and those little three punctuate the sentiment perfectly! PRetty gold star, too. :)

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a fabulous Christmas card Tammy love the glitter card and how it is cut x

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Tammy! Love your embellishments!

VanessaB said...

oh so gorgeous! you really know how to use the embellies. the bells and gold star are PERFECT!

Unknown said...

Love your card and your take on the sketch Tammy! WMS Christmas stamps are the coolest and I think this turned out so pretty.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the ornament and the bells!!!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Love that edge punch, and the perfect classic Christmas colours, and THE BELLS! Definitely my favourite part :)

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Tammy! I love that ornament.

sandi said...

This is fabulous! Yes, very Christmas indeed! Love the colors used for this too.

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous Xmas card and wonderful use of the sketch! Love all the pearls and bells!

alexandra s.m. said...

so classy!
love your take on the sketch Tammy!

Sherrie K. said...

Another gorgeous Christmas card. You are going to have a great selection of cards ready for Christmas at the rate your going. I should start-great idea! TFS!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Tan's Hobbies said...

This card is absolutely stunning!! Love the color combination; love all the embellishments that you used. Love the punches surrounding the card. I love love the overall layout soooo much =)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful card. Love those bells...

Helen Berry said...

Fantastic Christmas card Tammy - love the bauble and the Christmassy colours and bell. A great take on the sketch too!

Elizabeth Allan said...

All I can do is say OOOoooooo!

Kelly S. said...

What a beautiful BEAUTIFUL card with this sketch, Tammy! I just love the border die you chose and the lovely golden touches...a jingle bell AND sparkly star! So fabulous! Love how you tucked the sentiment in those luscious green swirlies :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

My goodness, this is truly a spectacular card, and an amazing take on the challenge! I couldn't love it more :)

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful Christmas card! love the lacy punched border and your beautiful ornament! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Kim Duran said...

Oh wow! What a wonderful Christmas card. I love the fancy border punch too. Like trim on the tree! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

Kary said...

Such a Gorgeous Christmas card, Tammy! Love your take on the sketch. The ornament is beautifully decorated. Congrats on the Top Mouse award!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty Christmas Card Tammy! xoxo

Marybeth said...

Congrats on your win for Top Mouse with this beautiful Christmas card. I love the ornament hanging from the bow with all the pretty bling.