Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A shabby altered block and cards

Hello Sweet friends!

This card uses three sentiments included in a delightful little set called Little Flowers. I stamped the flower image twice and fussy cut and distressed the edges before applying to my pieced patterned paper card base. I just love the pop of turquoise against the softer colors. 
The script of the font is just so beautiful and elegant! **love**

Up next is a card created using images from Vintage Postcards.
This set is just full of fun vintage images which makes my heart sing! The little pocket created is made from felt to host the flowers. 
All edges have been distressed for that shabby vintage feel!
Here is the back of the card stamped with Made with Love.

Last but not least is a little home decor piece using an Eiffel Tower image. 

I took an unfinished decorative block sanded and gave a good coat of paint. Next, I went back over it with my sander to rough it up for a distressed look. 
I took several die-cut flowers and stamped them with a fleur de lis image. I distressed all the edges and layered into a beautiful bloom. 
Here is a close up of the bloom.

Below is a view of the top of the block. You can see a little more of the decorative detail.
Thanks so much for sharing a bit of your day with me. I'll be back tomorrow with another post. I hope you have enjoyed todays projects.

**I am personally entering my decorative block into the Catered Crop Challenge Letter B - B is for Block or Bloom!
Have a stamping good day!
~Tammy~

32 comments:

Arlene said...

WOW, Tammy these are gorgeous! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Tammy! These are just so beautiful!!! I love them all!! Hugs, J

Jessi Fogan said...

Gorgeous, Tammy, all of them! Don't these products fit in so well with your style :) I love all the distressing & the fussy cutting on those flowers - oh my! And the amazing block - the key, the fleur-de-lis, and who doesn't love the Eiffel Tower?

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Goodness me Tammy you have been a busy bee! These are all so pretty and have your stamp all over them. Very feminine xx

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful work Tammy! Especially LOVE the flower you've created!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

such awesome work! great job

Pauline said...

Wow! Love these beautiful cards Tammy, but I adore that piece of home decor! So elegant, and just simply stunning!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! These are all BEAUTIFUL!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the little flowers tucked in the pocket on the second one and loveeeeeeeeeeee that home decor piece!! WOW WOW WOW!!!

Sasha said...

Stunning work, Tammy! I love your big and beautiful flower on your home decor piece. But EVERTHING! is just gorgeous!! x

Debbie said...

Love the tickets, sweet little flower pocket and the amazing altered art project you've created for today's DT hop ... LOVE!!!

Martha Herrera said...

I love all of your creations Tammy!
WOW...now to decide which one to purchase??

Hugs,
Martha H.

Debbie said...

Beautiful projects! That flower on the block is gorgeous!

Creations by Shirl said...

Love all your creativity on all of them.... such pretty projects the flower on the block is amazing.....

Unknown said...

Great card Tammy but your home decor item blew my mind. I love it and thanks for the details on how you created it. It is beautiful!

Sue Lelli said...

Love ALL of your PRETTY creations, Tammy! LOVE the script on the stamps! LOVE the fussy cut flowers on the first, the felt pocket and postage stamps on the second and hour home decor piece is just STUNNING! LOTS of mojo in THIS post! These stamps truly are a perfect fit for you!!!

Annette Allen said...

wow Tammy these are so GORGEOUS....i totally love your amazing designs...thanks for the inspiration...

Elizabeth Allan said...

Tammy your post is jammed packed with creative beauty!! Each design had me smiling with delight!

Charlotte Ann said...

Beautiful cards, and LOVE the way you decorated the wood block! So creative!

Anonymous said...

These make my heart pitter patter.

Diane said...

Very creative. Love the little pocket!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, wow, wow! These are gorgeous, Tammy!!

Deb Hickman said...

Stunning projects, Tammy. I love how you've made the little pocket on the postcard card. Gorgeous home decor block too, very elegant. Deb xxx

Stella said...

The cards already made my jaw drop but that box and that piece of heaven a.k.a. flowers with that fleur de lys pattern. I am drooling....
Hugs!
XX

Lalo said...

I am just loving these projects. Going to check out the site now!!!

Sherrie K. said...

These are so beautiful Tammy! The colors are so soft and blend so well together! I like the whimsical feel of the first card and the cute little pocket and distressing on the second card:)
Your home decor piece is so fabulous! I LOVE the die cut flowers and adorable key,tag is so adorable! TFS!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Three beautiful creations Tammy , how fabulous are these.... I love the Paris creation ,its GORGEOUS well done Hugs Elaine

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my Tammy! What an incredibly RICH post!
Love your projects!!
absolutely charming!!

Unknown said...

Great projects Tammy! ;o)

Tan's Hobbies said...

Wow!!! Those three cards are amazingly beautiful!! Love them so much!! You are so great with everything that you made. Great layout, great color combination, great design, great used of all the lovely embellishments. You are the best (as always)!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Tammy, each project is prettier than the next! I'm here to catch up on what I've missed. Can't comment on each one as I'm off to yoga very soon, but am looking and reading!

I'm so excited for you that your crafting is taking on new heights!

VanessaB said...

WOWEE! the first card is so cute and i love love LOVE that second card so much! everything about it!! and your deco piece is stunning! you're so creative. beautiful work! :)

Liz O. said...

Beautiful creations Tammy!!! Love them
TFS
Have a great day!
Liz