Monday, May 21, 2012

Thank you for your service

Hi!

(**Woohoo I am thrilled to share this card made Top Three at The Kraft Journal 5/29/12)

Hope your Monday is off to a great start!

With Memorial Day Coming up, I have a patriotic card to share today! I am an Army Wife, so Memorial Day has a special meaning to me. Now that we live close to Washington D.C., it is wonderful to be able to go all the memorials for the different Wars as well as Arlington National Cemetery and reflect and show respect to those have who have served and sacrificed.  

Here is my card:

I started with a Kraft card base and added my pieced patterned papers from my stash.  Some lace trim was added.  A postal tag was hand-cut and stamped with a postal Image from IBS Vintage Postcards and some stars from an old Stampin' UP! set called stars and swirls. Another tag was created to tie with the seam binding for a sentiment Thanks for your service by My Pink Stamper. My focal image was stamped on kraft cardstock in Vintage Sepia ink and mounted on cream cardstock trimmed with pinking shears.
For a finishing touch, some buttons and a red glittered star was added. 
My inspiration for this card comes from The Kraft Journal - Remembering You and
Moxie Fab World - Gingham Challenge

I thank you for stopping by! Hope you have a fantastic week!
~Tammy~
{Recipe}
Stamps: Inspired By Stamping: Vintage Post Card, Stampin' UP! God Speed, Stars and Swirls, MPS
Paper: CS: Stampin' UP!,  PP: Scraps
Ink: Versafine, PTI
Other: Pinking Sheers, Seam Binding, Glittered Star, Buttons, Twine

22 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

what a great card!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous card Tammy love the papers with it. The image is great with this card and I love the post card sentiment. Great card for Memorial Day hugs Susan x

VanessaB said...

so wonderful and beautiful. :)

Joyce said...

Wonderful patriotic card.

Annette Allen said...

wow this is absolutely amazing...

Marlena M. said...

Your card is wonderful Tammy! Thank you for all that your family and soldier sacrifices~I know...it's a lot!

Unknown said...

Tammy this is beautiful. The image is so real...every element is perfect. Great design

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS!!!! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE that service man on your card! So touching!!! Love it!!

Karen B. said...

Amazing card! I just inked up that image too, although your card turned out way better!

Kalyn said...

So pretty, Tammy! Love the layers and the stamping!

Jessi Fogan said...

What a wonderful card! And a terrific occasion to give a card for :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is so awesome! great job!

sandi said...

What a beautiful, beautiful card! Love how you used the Patriotic colors! Fabulous!

Kate said...

This is wonderful, Tammy! The colour looks fabulous contrasted against the kraft paper and the bold papers are perfect behind the vintage image. You've got such an eye for mixing and matching in a marvelous way!

Sherrie K. said...

This is such a great card Tammy! The gingham paper next to the blue and kraft paper are awesome! I love the soldier stamp and the great sentiment/tag. Nice work!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love this card and what a wonderful image. That glitter star really pops and I need that sentiment. :-)

Sue Lelli said...

This is a very touching card of thanks for service! LOVE everything about it, Tammy!

Tan's Hobbies said...

WOW!! This card is stunning!! Love Everything about this card. Love how you collaborates all the stuffs and it all looks damn beautiful together. The stamp is great, the shining star, the 'post card' sentiment, the bow, the lace, those buttons, and those awesome background cards, everything looks awesome together!!

Anita Rex said...

Tammy this is a beautiful card! I so love the post card feel to this card!

Bernie said...

This is such an amazing card Tammy! As always your mix of colors and textures add up to BEAUTIFUL. That image and ones like it always brings a lump in my throat. So meaningful. I wish I could visit DC again, only had a day and a half there back in '67, loved every second but didn't get to see nearly enough.
Hugs

jen said...

Wow! What a wonderful creation!

Unknown said...

Yet another STUNNING creation by you Tammy! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Kraft Journal!