Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Cupcake Craftroom Summer Theme Challenge

Hey there!

Welcome to May's Cupcake Craftroom Monthly Challenge!  With Summer approaching and Mandy's new paper line at Cupcake Cards we thought we would jump start your summer mojo with a little inspiration photo and Summer Theme!

Here is the card I created using papers all from the new line called Last Summer. This line is so fun and colorful!
Here is the yummy inspiration photo.
Please use a summer theme and colors in the photograph.
I started this card by piecing together my fun picnic patterned paper to my solid Whisper White pre-cut piece. I die cut a row of stars from the solid yellows in the collection and adding it where the two papers meet for a fun decorative detail. I stamped the popsicle from Wilson Designs Sweet Celebrations using the pink quatrefoil paper adding to the left card face using foam mounting squares for dimension. 
To coordinate with these darling papers, a Lemonade Glass from Wilson Designs Strawberry Lemonade was stamped in the upper right of the card front and colored with copics to match the paper. A sentiment from the same set was stamped over the glass in a bright fun summery pink. For a finishing touch, a little bright pink bling was added to the straw as well as by the sentiment along with a button and polka dotted ribbon tab.

I hope you will join in the fun with us this month at The Cupcake Craftoom and check out the wonderful paper collection perfect for this challenge. You get 31 papers total ready to print and to use as often as you like. 8 wonderful summery colors perfect for summer birthday parties and celebrations! 

We are looking forward to seeing what you create with this wonderful photo to jump start your summer projects!

Thanks for visiting me today! 
~Tammy~

{Recipe}
Stamps: Wilson Designs: Strawberry Lemonade, Sweet Celebrations
Paper: CS: Stampin' UP!, PP: Cupcake Cards and Crafts: Last Summer
Ink: Momento, Stampin' UP!
Other: Dies:PTI, Rhinestones: Michael's, Button: PTI, RIbbon: Stampin' UP!

21 comments:

Doreen said...

What a fabulous card,love the papers.xxx

Jessi Fogan said...

So cute & definitely summery! (and oh my, how I want to eat the cookies in that picture...yum!)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

great job! i just love the papers!

Sasha said...

Hi Tammy, your fabulous card is absolutely spot on with the inspiration photo. I love the fresh, bright summery feel, and it cheers me up on another dull, wet day. Roll on summer xx

Debbie said...

Adorable summer card!

Unknown said...

This would make a great summer party invite and I love the bright, cheerful colors!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is ADORABLE!! I loveeeeeee the colors and love love love love the popsicle!!!!

Martha Herrera said...

I love all the bright colors, and the paper is so cute! I'm so ready for summer!

Hugs,
Martha H.

Annette Allen said...

aww this is just way to fun...love those fun little images of summer.. this makes me smile...love it

sandi said...

This is sooooooooooooooo sweet! Yeh, it makes you want to get ready for summer!

Unknown said...

What a fun summer card Tammy, love those popsicles! Can't wait for summer to arrive now ;-) Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, Ira x

VanessaB said...

super cute! i love summer. this card makes me happy- fun colors :)

alexandra s.m. said...

I absolutely LOVE your card!
a perfect interpretation of the creative prompt!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is totally FUN!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great look Tammy! It has already been over 100 here so I'm not looking forward to summer. :(

Mary J said...

What a great use of those papers Tammy!! The sweet gems perfectly finish it off!!

Sherrie K. said...

I absolutely love the paper! so bright and fun:)I can't wait for summer..
sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

kasia c. said...

Bright and BEAUTIFUL!! Love this cheerful card Tammy. :)

Sue Lelli said...

YUMMY card, Tammy! This just SCREAMS summertime to me!

Anita Rex said...

I love this bright fun card! It's different form your usual style but just as stunning Tammy!

Tan's Hobbies said...

Wow!! What a fun card, my dear Tammy!! Love the bright colour combination. Great take on the challenge!!! The additional of hot pink button make the whole card more fabulous!!