Saturday, June 19, 2010

WPlus9 Color Cue {5} Challenge

For Dawn's Color Cue Challenge we were to use the colors Aqua, Brown, Orange and Green and we could use white for neutrality.

I found this card came together real easy for me. I loved putting these colors together and I knew I wanted dimension to make the colors and focal point pop out.


I wanted to start with a 5 x 5 card base using Chocolate Chip card stock by Stampin' Up! Since we have such rich colors I wanted to added a strip of white card stock across the card for neutrality then I stamped Papertrey Ink's Dot Spot across the white strip alternating the colors SU Only Orange, SU Chocolate Chip, and an aqua color from Martha Stewart. (It's a small ink spot that came in a kit I no longer have the name for.)  

Then using my Cricut I cut a square doily in SU Only Orange and impressed it with Papertrey Ink's Sunshine Impression Plate.  Next I used my Cricut to cut scallop flowers to build my center piece layering each with SU Dimensionals to make it "pop".  Each flower layer was then touched with vintage tea dye for a timeless touch.  I added a little bling to the center with an EK Success Rhinestone. 

Last but not least I stamped the cute little sentiment in Chocolate Chip from My Pink Stamper Simply Sweet Occasions!

Thanks for taking a look! 
~Tammy~

{Recipe}
Stamps: Papertrey Ink: Dot Spot, My Pink Stamper Simply Sweet Occasions
Paper: Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip, Only Orange, Whisper White, DCWV: Robin #3, Green #2, 
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Only Orange, Martha Stewart Aqua, Vintage touch tea dye
Other: Cricut, Cindy Loo, Big Shot, PTI Sunshine Impression Plate, SU Dimensionals, EK Success Rhinestones

4 comments:

Karin said...

Great card! Thanks for visiting the DRS Designs blog!

Maria Matter said...

how cool is this! Beautiful Tammy!
blessings,
Maria

Dawn said...

Wow, great use of textures and color!

Thanks for playing along with us!

Elise said...

Hi, Tammy! This is such a fun and TACTILE celebration of Dawn's colors from her latest Color Cue! I love how that flower really pops with the wonderful contrasting colors and your terrific layering! Yipeee! Thanks for playing with us!