Saturday, June 12, 2010

Embellish Magazine Color Challenge with Labels

Embellish Magazine is having a color Challenge with Labels the colors we are to use are Yellow, Brown and Coral as seen in the above photograph as well as using a label to showcase a sentiment or embellishment. I love to wear coral and brown together and adding the yellow was just divine I really enjoyed putting this card together.

I changed things up and decided to go with something different than a standard A2 size card.  It came out great and just what I wanted to accomplish.

I took a strip of Papertrey Ink's Berry Sorbet card stock and stamped it with Papertrey Ink's Perfect Match Berry Sorbet ink in Polka Dot Background Basics and adhered it it to a Stampin' UP! Chocolate Chip card stock base. I then cut SU So Saffron card stock and background stamped it with PTI Background Basics: Retro using VersaMark ink.  It is hard to see the background on the So Saffron since it is a lighter color, but if you click on the picture you should be able to enlarge it to get a better look. For added dimension, I pop dotted the So Saffron background off the Berry Sorbet and Chocolate Chip base. I then added my label and embellishments.

I really enjoyed this challenge and I hope to be able to participate in other Embellish Magazine Challenges in the future. Mahalo to Walzingmouse Stamps for sponsoring it with Embellish Magazine.

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!
~Tammy~


{Recipe}
Stamps: PTI, Backgroun Basics: Polka Dot Basics II, Retro, Stampin' UP! Vintage Labels
Embellishments: EK Success Dahila flowers, Berry Sorbet Button, Lemon Tart Button, Chocolate Chip Button
Card Stock: Stampin' UP!: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, PTI Berry Sorbet
Ink: Momento Rich Cocoa, VersaMark, PTI: Berry Sorbet

Other Accessories: Marvey Oval punches and linen thread

2 comments:

Maile Belles said...

What a pretty card, love the layout and the size! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

Charlene Austin said...

Loving all the details.