Monday, March 31, 2014

The Kraft Journal #165 Inside and Out Teacher Gift

Good Monday Morning to you!

We have an Inside and Out Challenge this week at The Kraft Journal, and I decided to make a 3D gift card box with easel card for Teacher Appreciation Week.  I can't believe that will be in just a little over a month. 

I started by purchasing a file from the silhouette online store. I used a base of Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock  that can be found at The Kraft Outlet.  I covered the drawer and easel card as indicated. The Patterned Papers are some I have had in my stash for awhile. I used Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock on the scallop rectangle on the easel card and I supported it by a red brad. I created a banner at the top of the card and I used some Red Baker's Twine to hold it in place. A sentiment from Paper Sweeties So Proud of You was stamped and cut from Buff Ivory Cardstock and then matted on red cardstock.  I created shreds for confetti in the drawer using more Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock.  After I put together the box, I wrapped a little wraphia ribbon around it and tied a bow on top. 

Here it is closed:
You just lay the easel flat, and open the box and place inside.

I sure hope you will be inspired to play along with us.  We hope to see your Inside Out creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

I thought I would share at: Pause Dream Enjoy - Twine It Up, Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes,  Sunday {Fun}day - March Linky PartyD.L. Art - March Linky Challenge, Craftin' Desert Divas - Anything Goes

Happy Stamping and Crafting!
~Tammy~

18 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wowzers Tammy what a great little teacher gift!! Your son's teachers must love you!! The colors are cute and I like the layered banners!

Unknown said...

Tammy,
What a great idea. The color combo with the raffia tie as well as the wonderful easel makes this a "one of a kind" gift. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How fun!! LOVING the colors!!!!!

Benzi said...

You are the queen of making awesome projects. I love this idea for a teacher and I'm SURE teacher will love it, too.

jessica said...

This is beautiful Tammy!! What a GREAT project!!!
AWESOME job my friend!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, this is SO creative and clever and SO beautifully done, Tammy! I've never seen an easel card box before! OMGosh, I LOVE it!

Martha Herrera said...

Your son's teacher is going to love it! It's a perfect hand-made gift for a teacher!

I'm thinking of purchasing the Silhouette! I went scrapbooking with my friends at a local scrapbooking store, and I was amazed with all the 3-D projects she had in display. You are so lucky to have a silhouette! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

This is a fabulous gift that any teacher will surely appreciate! Beautiful work, Tammy!

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!! I love the design of the easel box card!! What a perfect teacher gift!! The colors are beautiful!! Love it my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh, Tammy! Ian's teacher will flip! THIS is just AMAZING! LOVE the banners and the easel! AWESOME!

VanessaB said...

ohmygosh. that is so AWESOME! fun!! :)

Stella said...

I've never seen an easel card/box like this and it's a jaw dropper. Wow! Love the idea but it takes an expert to work with it and come up with something as stunning as this. A wonderful teacher gift and I know for sure it will be loved. Fab job!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome teacher's gift!!!

Marybeth said...

Adorable! I am sure any teacher will love this box. I cant believe school is almost out as well. What a surprise when its open.

D- said...

Your gift card box is terrific. I would love getting one of these from one of my students.
Thanks for sharing your project at Craftin Desert Divas.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
Craftin Desert Divas Guest Designer

Janis Lewis said...

Now that's a GREAT idea! Thank you for Linking Up at Pause Dream Enjoy.
Pause Dream Enjoy Page on Facebook

Sherrie K. said...

What a FABULOUS gift set! Wow, your sons Teacher will love it!I love the little banners..so cute Tammy!
Sherrie K

mum of two said...

How fabulous! I love the banners. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Craftin Desert Diva. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle
Purple Monkey Moments