Monday, March 3, 2014

The Kraft Journal #161 - Birds

Happy first Monday of a New Month (Already)!

For this week's "birds" challenge, at The Kraft Journal, I started with a base of Brown Kraft Cover Weight cardstock next adding two different patterned papers (from my scraps basket) to the card base. I added a snippet of a doily to the right side of the card next wrapping a length of Mint Green Tea Seam Binding around the card front and tied in a pretty bow embellishing with a button laced with Natural Hemp Cord.  


At the upper left corner, I used a portion of a Tim Holtz Journaling Ticket along with some mini clips (Also Tim Holtz) and a button. I added a few melon dew drops to the ticket for further embellishing. Next I added a bird die-cut image from K & Company which I am pretty sure I have had since the earth was created! :-)))  Lastly, the sentiment  from Papertrey Ink Mega Mixed Messages to the lower left corner. 

Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your "birds" creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.


I am going to share at: Just Be Creative - March Linky Party, Sunday {Fun}day - March Linky Party, Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes.

Have a wonderful week!
~Tammy~

19 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the bird image and that green seam binding! YUMMY color!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

VERY beautiful

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful birds!! The design and details are fabulous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Maria said...

Just so lovely, Tammy! Very pretty bird image and wonderful elements with great design!

Martha Herrera said...

Beautiful card. I love all the pretty embellishments!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

So pretty, Tammy! What a really sweet card!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh gosh Tammy this is so pretty and oozes spring!! Love the mint green!

Unknown said...

Tammy
This is just so pretty. Thank you for sharing this wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday today. Blessings, Carole DT

Stella said...

The shabby look of this card is so pretty. Gorgeous flower panel with birds and I love the addition of that ticket/tab on top of your card. A beauty for sure!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I love the ticket ans the heart at the top...it gived visual interest and the birds are so pretty, great card!!!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card Tammy! The pattern pattern with the birdies is so pretty! All the fun layering and elements are wonderful! TFS!
Sherrie K

Joni Andaya said...

What a Beautiful card Tammy!!!

Karen Letchworth said...

I just LOVE your Bird card, tammy, and love the sweet accents you've added. Just too cute! Thanks for sharing this in our challenge this week, too. You are such a blessing to me.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Benzi said...

Ooh, beautiful. I'm a bird lover. I had to laugh about your comment that you had something from the beginning of the earth. Don't we all!!??? Love your journaling ticket and mini clips. Super creation!

Greta said...

Oh wow--what a masterpiece, Tammy!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is beautiful, Tammy! I love the vintage look and the collage style you created with all the separate bits and pieces. The little clip with the button reminds me of a heart. SO cute!

Emily Keaton said...

So very gorgeous, Tammy!! This has a lovely shabby chic feel :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Beautiful! I have that K & Co. die cut, too. I like how you used it, and added that fab ticket die cut at the top.