Friday, July 23, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge 39

Hi!

Well, I have been trying to get a chance to play over at The Play Date Cafe for awhile now, and I finally carved out some time to see what they had brewing. It was a beautiful, but muted palette which is a big change from a card I had just created...(that to come in a day or two,) so I really had to switch my creative brain, and when I usually do that I go back to sweet and simple, or it just works out that way. J
I have had this designer paper from K& Company I have wanted to use, so I thought it would work great.

I loved the colors and inspiration photo. 


What's not showing up in the photo is the black die is embossed with the "In bloom" impression plate. I tried zooming in for a second shot, but I still can't get it to show up. Urgh! It makes the elegance of this card. 

Thanks for peeking! I had fun playing on this "Play Date"!
Warm aloha!
~Tammy~
{Recipe}
Stamps: PTI: In Bloom, SU: Happy Moments
Paper: Stampin' UP!: Basic Black, Whisper White, DP: K & Company, Tim Coffey Blossomwood
Ink: Momento: Rich Cocoa, Dessert Sand
Other: SU Border Punch, Buttons: Button Latte Collection, PTI: Mat Stack Die, In Bloom Impression Plate, Foam Mounts.

10 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

I can certainly 'imagine' what that embossing looks like and it's beautiful ; ) This is a wonderful entry for this week's challenge at The Play Date Cafe .

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, your background paper is just perfect for this weeks challenge. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Karen B. said...

What a beautiful card! Such fine detail coming together in one place, your patterned paper choice is perfect with that stamp set!

Unknown said...

Just lovely, Tammy! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so lovely! I haven't been able to put my act together for this challenge, you did a great job!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card. Lovely paper and perfect for the colors. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--you did a great job with these colors! This card is FAB! I love it:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Ruby said...

SO glad you found the time to join in the challenge! You've done a fab job with our challenge colours, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Tammy, wow, this is a gorgeous card! Don't you just love the colors of this PDCC challenge? That's great dp you used.

Thanks for the nice commment on my blog, for my Dublin Door.

Happy Stamping!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on winning a PDCC badge for this one! I could just tell it would be a winner!