Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!

Hello~

Are you getting spring where you are?  It's still down right chilly in my part of the world. I froze at my son's little league game last night.

So, I brought a little spring in this Mother's Day card.


I started by creating a 5 x 5 card base onto which I added my patterned papers. I tried to use up supplies I've had in my stash. A length of crochet trim was added to the card front along the transitioning paper patterns. I painted a chipboard butterfly and roughed it up for a vintage feel and added it to the center of a blue daisy embellishing further with a yellow rose to the center.

A seam binding bow was added and layered with raffia adding a silver button to the center. I stamped Happy Mother's Day in black ink in the lower right corner.  Lastly, a few sequins were scattered for a final finishing touch.

I am joining in the fun at: Just Us Girls - Mother

Hiding in my Craft Room - May Flowers, Jo's Scrap Shack - FDF Anything Goes, Always Fun Challenges - Mom, Crafty Calendar Challenges - Flowers

I hope you have a terrific day!
~Tammy~

10 comments:

Lisa said...

This is stunning, Tammy!! I love the colors and design!! The butterfly is so gorgeous!! Love this!! It's downright chilly here, too. I dislike having to wear my winter coat in May!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE the collage-y feel of this card!! Your design is just beautiful and your flowers are amazing. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!

Migdalia said...

I love the pretty & bright colors.Lovely flowers and bow. Beautiful card my friend!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Angie said...

Great card. Thank you for joining us at Jo’s Funday Friday Challenge . Good luck with your entry.
Angie DT for  http://jwscrapshack.blogspot.com.au/...

Maria said...

Gorgeous color and love the butterfly over the flower! Such a pretty bow, too! A little chilly here, but starting to warm up. Take care and have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Maria said...

What lovely flowers! Nicely created card with great details. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Audrey Pettit said...

Stunning! Love the butterfly layered on the big flower! The texture is amazing!

Miranda said...

So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Hiding In My Craft Room! Miranda DT

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

What a gorgeous Mother's Day card. Love the colors and details. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Jo's Fun Friday. AJ DT JSS

Kellie 0:) said...

Gorgeous TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday