Saturday, October 5, 2013

World Card Making Day with DeNami Design Stamps!

Hello everyone!

(2nd post:For the Paper Sweeties Blog Hop for Jinny click here) (If you missed the DeNami Scalloped Pumpkin Tutorial click here)

I am happy to share a card I created for World Card Making Day using some goodies from DeNami Design Stamps. Please head over to the DeNami Design Blog for details on festivities for today's celebration and how you can participate in the challenge DeNami is hosting today. 

I have been in a serious Halloween card making mood lately so that is the direction I went with for today's Tic-Tac-Toe, choose three in a row challenge! :-)
 

I started with a Buff Ivory card base which I layered my black polka-dotted paper onto. Next I took a page from an old book and then I stamped the Medium Polka Dot background in Pumpkin Orange ink onto the book print to create a double background. 
Next I layered a Halloween die-cut from my stash and randomly stamped the sentiment Boo from the Halloween Stamp Set.  I die-cut a star from foam glitter and added my Small Jack O'Lantern onto a die-cut circle from book print. I colored Mr. Jack with copics. 
Last, I created a fussy bow topping with a Black and White Baker's Twine bow adding a DeNami Button, and a tag stamped with the sweet little Candy Corn stamp. 

I had some company as I was crafting! Do you spy my guest? You can get yours by clicking here.  We would love to see a picture of you crafting with the DeNami WCMD Chickie! :-)

I hope you will join in the fun today.  Here is the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge to follow if you want to play along! 

I am also linking up at Two Creative Chicks - Halloween Linky Party, I am joining in at Link Up Tuesday - Linky Party, Sunday {Fun}day - Linky Party, Just B Creative - Just Because Linky, Little Scrap Pieces - Fun Friday Linky Party, V's Sweet Ideas challenge blog - Halloween.
Thanks for visiting me on this special holiday for Card Makers! {smiles}
Blessings,
~Tammy~

23 comments:

Deb said...

Tammy....WOW! I absolutely love all of the elements on your card! The book print, glitter, polka dots...just gorgeous!

Maria said...

Love the Halloween card with so many great details! Love that star and pumpkin! Super job, Tammy...well done!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

so very cute!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! LOVING the star and the pumpkin!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a CUTE Halloween card!! I like the jack-o-lantern nestled in the sparkly star, such s great idea!! Thanks for all of the sweet comments, I hope you're doing well and your little guy too!!

Sandy said...

A beautiful Halloween card Tammy. I do love Halloween and the colors of Halloween - so much fun!!
sandy

sandi said...

Fabulous card! Great colors and so perfect for Halloween time! Sweet little chick too!

Jennifer said...

Ohhh super cute! Love this card...happy WCMD!

Migdalia said...

Super DUPER cute & Fun!! Love it!
Thank you for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGEE, this is sooo darn cute, Tammy!! Love that paper and all those happy polka dots, and your design is just uh-mazing! Adorable tag and layered bow. And LOVE that glittered star with the happy pumpkin!

Linda said...

Great idea with using a print page for background and stamping those fun polka dots on it! Cute, cute card!

Stephanie said...

That Halloween card is adorable!

Sherrie K. said...

Super fun Halloween card Tammy! Love the sparkly star ad sweet pumpkin in the middle! Great job on paper choie to!
Sherrie K

cghundley said...

Very nice card.
Love the glittered
foam star. And your
guest is sure cute!
Carla from Utah

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is a wonderful Halloween card Tammy! Love the background paper from a book with the orange spots on and the Boo sentiment! Sorry I haven't been around much but will hopefully rectify that now! Susan x

Annette Allen said...

aww this is amazing.. i love that pumpkin and the star how fun... great design..

Unknown said...

you had me at candy corn tag! i love this! your layering of colors, patterns, textures and treatments is always so perfectly done! love this!

i'm sorry i've been blog mia girlie...work's been nuts and dt assignments are aplenty :S expect lots of comments from me today ;)

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE! Especially the stamping on text. Super cute :)

Karen Letchworth said...

SUPER cute Halloween card, Tammy. You have such a sweet style, and this one turned out just adorable!
Blessings,
Karen

Karen Letchworth said...

Hey again, Tammy! It just dawned on me that you could share this sweet Halloween card in our challenge at V's Sweet Ideas this month. (Halloween theme and a great prize). I hope you will link up!
www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com

Blessings,
karen

Diane said...

Super cute design and colors.

Hugs Diane

Lisa said...

This is so awesome!! I love the design!! The pumpkin on the star is so cute!! What a fun card my friend!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the glitter foam and your candy corn and FAB bow! GREAT card, Tammy!