Friday, October 18, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Hello and Happy Friday to you all!

{Delighted that this was chosen Winner at The Shabby Tea Room on 10/21/13}

I am behind in fall creating lately, so I took a prompt from The Shabby Tea Room to give me some inspiration. I am going to keep this brief as possible today! Lots on the to-do list, so if you have any questions you can email me or leave a comment at any time. 

 I have hoarded these crochet mats from my friend Jessi forever, so I decided that letting them stay in my drawer wasn't going to make anyone happy. However, I may leave the rest in there until I can come to terms using another. *sigh* Aren't they gorgeous. She makes these by hand. I added a piece of orange and cream patterned paper to the center to be a pretty backdrops for the pumpkins. One pumpkin was a die-cut and the other I created.
I used some pretty fall papers and added a length of lace trim at the top. A double bow created using pumpkin ribbon from my "antique" stash was added for a decorative touch along with some sunflowers and green leaves.  The sentiment is from Paper Sweeties - Occasions stamp set. 

As mentioned, I am joining at: The Shabby Tea Room - Fall. We were asked to: INCLUDE A FALL THEME, PUMPKINS AND A STAMPED SENTIMENT!
Cardabiliteies - Sketch
Shopping Our Stash - Oldest Ribbon, Tuesday Throwdown - Pumpkin Patch, Sunday {Fun}day - Linky Party, Just B Creative - Just Because Linky, 2 Sisters Challenge - Anything Goes, Ribbon Carousel - Fall - Halloween, Paper Playtime - Ribbons and Buttons, D.L. Art - Thankful Thursday Pumpkin Challenge, Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes, Pumpkin Spice Blog - Pumpkins, Cardz TV Linky Party - Pumpkin Patch, Fun-Day Friday Challenge - Anything Goes.

Thank you for dropping by and letting me share a little of my creativity with you!
~Tammy~

32 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty textured layers Tammy! Your card is warm and oozes fall!

Unknown said...

The crocheted lace is really very pretty ( I can see why you saved it) and the different embossing for the pumpkins is a super idea. I wouldn't have thought of it this time next year. Great colors and layout make this a really special harvest card. Our Canadian Thanksgiving has just past and we are so blessed to see this beautiful work of art, as well as being very thankful for your past posts.
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday
Have you Liked us on Facebook?

Annette Allen said...

this is gorgeous..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I love love love love the pumpkins, the lace and the sunflowers!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is really beautiful, Tammy! Love the mix of papers and pumpkins, and that polka Dottie ribbon is fabulous! I can see why you've been hoarding those awesome crocheted doilies from your friend! They are WOW!

Creations by Shirl said...

Love your card Tammy, it's so pretty...Awesome details to it!

Migdalia said...

WOW...A true BEAUTY!!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

The crochet is lovely Tammy as is your whole card. I love the texture of the pumpkins too, Susan x

Heidi Gonzales said...

OMG-truly fabulous! I absolutely love all the layers and texture! This card just makes me smile! (The crochet doily is perfect-glad you used it) Thanks for joining us and sharing your beautiful work at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

Debbie said...

Oh my .. WOW!!! Tammy, you have outdone yourself with this little beauty! Absolutely perfect ... from the lovely crocheted doilie and matching lace trim to the sweet pumpkin, sunflowers ... and of course, the Paper Sweeties sentiment flags -- bravo, my friend :)

Maria said...

What a beauty! Love the mix of patterned papers, pumpkins, crocheted doily, flower, and ribbon! Just a gorgeous fall card...love it!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Tammy!! I love all of the texture!! Those pumpkins look amazing!! All of the details are just fabulous my friend!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

WOWZERS...what a GORGEOUS card! Jam packed with so much texture which I LOVE!! Beautiful pumpkins and fun trimmings!
AMAZING and so inspiring my friend!
Have a super wknd Tammy!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Adriana B said...

wonderful card so many pretty details, thanks for playing along at Cardabilities :)

Lynn said...

What a beautiful take on the Cardabilties sketch!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your pumpkins and sunflowers, Tammy! FAB Fall card!

Tina M said...

Ohh my goodness!! This little card sure makes a huge impact, Tammy. I just love all of your yummy layers and textures that you've created and then that pop of yellow from the flowers...PERFECT! Thanks so much for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!

Margaret said...

Beautiful card. Great use of the lace. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Jessi Fogan said...

SQUEAL!!! You are the best :) These mats so totally go with your fabulous shabby chic-ness, Tammy! I LOVE the amazing texture of all the different elements - those pins are so cool with the flags, and the punkins, and I'm so pleased you un-hoarded at least one ;)

kReN said...

I love the lace and layers on your card. It's perfect!

Thanks for playing along with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week!
kReN, TTDT
Life is good and you can follow along @
http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Jill Norwood said...

So very pretty! :)

Kellie 0:) said...

Gorgeous. TFS and for joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

-Aneta- said...

Fantastic pumpkins, laces and sunflowers Tammy :) Thank you for joining TSTR challenge :) xoxo Aneta

Jinny Newlin said...

Ever so pretty, Tammy! LOVE all the layered textures, and this palette simply screams fall! I totally see what you mean about those crochet mats, too... WOW!

Lesley said...

Wowza, this is so amazing, Tammy! Love the rich details and the vibrant colours. Thank you for joining the Shabby Tea Room challenge!

Benzi said...

Love those textured pumpkins and the crochet mats are fabulous...see why you're hoarding. Super creation!!!

shelly said...

oooh i LOVE all your textures and layers mixed with the paper you chose. awesome work! thanks so much for sharing with us at paper playtime AND cardztv go to galz linky party:)

Leslie Hanna said...

I like your "antique" ribbon. :) And I had a bunch of those crocheted pieces from Jessi, too. I actually used ALL of mine. I did!

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Unknown said...

I love the layers of texture and color. those pumpkins and sunflowers are adorable!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh that is so beautiful! I love the texture on the pumpkin and the beautiful sunflowers. Fabulous!

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous, Tammy! what great color and texture!

irinaje said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Cardabilities this week!