Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happy World Card Making Day!

How does a girl who is an avid card maker not post on WCMD?  Well, she's a sick pup for one with a long list of things that have to be accomplished before house guest to arrive this week. This girl almost didn't think she was going to be able to have anything to post today. 

Well, I hope you will understand if I am not chatty with my usual design details today.  I wish I could have spent the day crafting, but I couldn't.  My heart went with the Paper Smooches challenges which is partnering up with Operation Write Home. That of course is near and dear to my heart. You had to use pink on your card somewhere because it's breast cancer awareness month...another thing that hits close to home for me. So it made my choice very easy!


The Owl from Chubby Chums was fussy cut then happily colored in with water-colored pencils and mineral spirits. Inspired by the Hello challenge at Moxie Fab, I paired the Hello from Chit Chat with I adore You from  Good Gab


The bottom layers are rolls of various washi tape I had that picked up colors in the plaid patterned paper.

Here is the sketch to follow:

A simple little card for a wonderful cause at Operation Write Home!

I am also adding this over at Papercraft Star - Anything Goes! 
Happy World Card Making Day!
~Tammy~

19 comments:

Brandi said...

Feel better friend! This card is so cute!

Lisa said...

I hope you feel better soon, Tammy. Your card is absolutely adorable!! The owl is so sweet and the colors are fabulous :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tenia Nelson said...

Feel better soon dearie!! This card is soooooo cute!!!

Annette Allen said...

i totally adore this...love the fun DP you used and this owl is one of my favorites...I just love PS...

You should try out for the DT open call...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooo cute!! I love love love that owl!!!!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Just adorable Tammy. What a sweetie that owl is and love your washi tape! x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous....fabulous colours and details. I do hope you feel better soon.xxx

Ger said...

So cute! Love those papers. Ger x.

Jessi Fogan said...

I know I posted yesterday, but I never made it back for a WCMD post - blahhhh. Having house guests while sick? Not fun. I hope you survive! Do you need chocolate?
Love this owl - and what a fab sentiment combo :)

Martha Herrera said...

Feel better, my friend. I love your card. The owl is super cute!

Maria said...

Hope you are feeling better! You made a sweet adorable owl card with lovely color! Take care, hugs!

Jocelyn Olson said...

I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well on WCMD :(. Your card is unbelievably cute! You have done such a fabulous job mixing papers and your coloring is great!

Unknown said...

Hi Tammy! I am so sorry I am so delayed in getting comments returned, thank you SO much for your sweet words on my blog! Yes, I feel you! Every year I tell myself, I'm going to keep the kids parties SMALL, low-key I say! Never happens! I head to the party store and just know I can make way cuter things for a fraction of the cost. Like the kids care, I am sure they don't LOL! ;)Anyway, Happy belated WCMD! this card is precious! LOVE this PS owl, ad the fresh pretty colors you have used. Have a great week!

Ros Crawford said...

This is adorable ... and hey I didn't get to post on WCMD ... too many visitors! Many thanks for playing at Papercraft Star!

Audrey Pettit said...

Every thing about this card is absolutely adorable!! :)
Hope you're feeling better!

Jeanne J. said...

Oooh... I love the washi and that sweet little owl! Great happy mail!

Jinny Newlin said...

Gosh, this is ever so cute, cute, CUTE, Tammy! LOVE the pink and green! Hope you're feeling lots better today. Big hugs!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
VanessaB said...

soooooo very cute!