Monday, April 20, 2020

With deepest sympathy

Good morning sunshines!  The sun is out this morning and I'm hoping the wind stays away and that it will warm up and feel like spring again.  

I am not sure I even know how to blog or what the cool thing is anymore. It's been over a year since I even posted anything. 

I know our world is in some crazy times and I am grateful to work in the health care industry and have a job still. I do miss crafting. I have made it in my craft room to make a few things here and there. over the last few years. I just never posted them. 

I have a lot of changes in my future, so I have gone in my beloved crafty space to see what I can part with. I have a lot of downsizing to do. My craft room was always a place that brought me peace and calm. It was my outlet. I just don't have the opportunity to do this anymore, but I do hope to continue from time to time.

Unfortunately, I needed a sympathy card. One of our doctors just lost her mother to this dreaded COVID-19 virus. She is coming back to work today, so I wanted to have a card made with love to let her know I am thinking of her in this difficult time.


I had the patterned paper you see on the bottom still laying on my desk to be put away with my other scraps, so I decided to use it as my starting point for my design. I have a mason jar on the shelf that has circle cut outs of burlap, and I grabed that next along with a chipboard butterfly that I painted and distressed. I have always loved working with seam binding, so I grabbed a length of that to create a fussy bow. 

I am going to join at a few places for fun.

Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes and Cardz TV - Anything Goes

I hope everyone stays healthy and safe!

Warmly,
~Tammy~

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry to hear about her mom. I love the card. So beautiful!

Maria said...

So sorry do hear about the doctor’s mother. Your lovely sympathy card will be greatly appreciated, I’m sure!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so sorry for her loss. She's going to love your beautifully layered shabby chic card. Stay safe, be well and hang in there. Hope those changes in your life still let you pop in here from time to time ;)