Thursday, June 18, 2015

College Bound - Congrats

Happy Thursday Friends!

I have a masculine graduation card to share with you today using some fabulous Stars and Stripes Trendy Twine. This awesome Twine is still on sale at Annie's Paper Boutique!!!!

I started with a red card base onto which I added a layer of white cardstock. Using some patterned paper from my stash, I die-cut a banner adding to the middle left side of the card front. I added a strip of red polka-dot washi tape across the middle. I then took a long length of the fabulous Stars and Stripes Trendy Twine and wrapped it around the card front several times for visual interest and texture.
I used a scallop and square die (PTI) to serve as a mat for my focal image (Enjoy the ride PTI) and added it to the upper right portion of the card. Lastly, I added a few sequins and the Congrats (DeNami Design) sentiment in the lower right corner to complete my card.

I am going to join along the Retro Sketches Challenge this Week.  I took a little creative liberty...(:

Thank you for stopping by!
~Tammy~

13 comments:

Nana said...

Fabulous masculine card. Love the colors and the car is too cute.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooo fun! LOVING the colors, the car and the sequins!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun card, Tammy, and so perfect for a new grad! That VW is SO fitting for someone just heading off to college.... totally makes me smile! And I love your creative take on that fun sketch!

Beth F. said...

This is such a wonderful masculine card! I love that you used the stars and stripes twine in a non-patriotic way.

Lisa said...

This is so awesome, Tammy!! I love the little VW Bug image!! The design is so fabulous!! And the sequins are a perfect touch!! Beautiful card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Great card Tammy! I love the cute card! The washi tape and twine are a fun addition to your amazing card!
I hope you are doing well and enjoying your summer~haven't heard from you in a while :(
Sherrie K

Maria said...

What a fab masculine grad card, Tammy! Love the car image colored in the bright blue! Great way to use the washi tape and sequins! I'm sure the grad will appreciate this card!:-)

Lisa Elton said...

Love the red white and blue Tammy!! This is the cutest card. Our neighbor's daughter will be heading off to college in the fall driving a VW bug!!

Sukie said...

Such a cute card, all of the elements you used are fabulous! The sequins are also a fun addition, great take on the sketch!

jessica said...

What a GREAT card Tammy!
LOVE the card LO!
AWESOME job!

Greta said...

Oh so cute, Tammy--love this!

Jeannie said...

Awesome card and I love the sequins too!

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Kimberly J. said...

Awesome card Tammy!! I love the design and the pretty colors!