Monday, April 29, 2013

The Kraft Journal #119 - Pop of Color for Teacher Appreciation Week!

{For The Ribbon Reel Challenge Post click here.}

For today's "Pop of Color"challenge at The Kraft Journal, I created a decorated bag for the upcoming Teacher Appreciate Week using Red as my Pop of Color.  I started with the Medium Kraft Paper Sack from The Kraft Outlet. I have to say, their bags just rock! They are nice and sturdy and made of awesome quality. Not like the ones you would find in the grocery store for lunches.

Using an apple stamp and Mini Swirl Flourish stamp from DeNami Designs, I randomly stamped the bag using Real Red ink from Stampin' UP!. 

For a softer feel, I added a white doily to the center of the decorated Medium Kraft Paper SackI further decorated by adding some red patterned papers from the good ol' scrap stash, a cute little paper-pieced apple inside a stamped scallop circle also from DeNami Designs. 

My final finishing touch included taking a length of Wraphia ribbon and wrapping it around the center tying in a bow and embellishing with some Red Baker's Twine and a button to complete the look.  

Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other gals.  We hope to see your Pop of Color creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

I am also joining in at All Sorts Challenge - Anything But a Card

Thanks for popping by!
~Tammy~

24 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

What a cutie pie gift bag for teacher appreciation week! I love the stamped background with the apples and swirls. So perfect for a teacher. And the belly band with the doily and wraphia tie are fabulous, too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! LOVING all the apples!!! Perfect!!!

Lesley said...

Wow, very special! Love it!

Annette Allen said...

what a great teacher appreciation sack... great way to send a gift...

Martha Herrera said...

This is such an adorable bag...Lucky teacher!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is gorgeous Tammy it would make a great gift bag for anyone! Susan x

Lisa Elton said...

This is too cute for words Tammy...and too cute to open!

Pauline said...

This really does pop Tammy, it's beautiful!

Connie Mercer said...

Beautiful card~ loving the colors and the apple, nice touch!!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Tammy! When I saw this on TKJ blog, I just had to pop over and leave a comment. It's just adorable! So many cute things going on here, I just love it.
Hope you're doing well, and if you have time...I'd love to see you at the WAW challenge this week.
Blessings,
Karen

Jessi Fogan said...

Totally awesome floofy bow! And I love the layout with the banner tags & that cutie apple!

Lisa said...

This is just gorgeous, Tammy!! I love the design, especially the doily!! The ribbon looks amazing!! Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Adorable treat bag Tammy! The kraft paper with the pop of red look awesome! I love the fun doily, rafia and twine! Great job my friend!
Sherrie K

Stacy said...

This treat bag looks like it was so much fun to make! It is pretty and perfect for a teacher. I am glad to see the mini swirl used; I have it but haven't inked it up yet. Have a good day!

jessica said...

This is gorgeous Tammy!!
Love the pop of red and all your attention to details! Such a GREAT teacher's gift

Mary Ann said...

WOW!This is soooooo very cute!!!!

Anita Rex said...

So pretty Tammy! You did a great job with that bag! :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

LOVE this cute bag and the red is so perfect with the kraft and the whole design is so happy. Love it.

Dawn said...

A beautiful gift bag; I love how you've decorated it. The red goes beautifully with the kraft.

Hugs, Dawn

Unknown said...

This gift bag is so much fun...I really love the POP of red on Kraft... another really fantastic project Tammy! Thanks so much for being a member of our team at The Kraft Journal! You are appreciated!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE all of those apples and those swirls! Any teacher would LOVE this!

Unknown said...

perfection! i love that apple stamp!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is so sweet. When I think of apples - in terms of crafting - I always think of you. You do 'em up so well!

VanessaB said...

super cute! love the kraft and apple theme together