Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Ribbon Reel #44

Hello!

How are you all doing?  I am dropping in with my design team post for The Ribbon Reel.  I know Christmas is over, but Holiday Thank You's are a must to those special people in our lives who took the time to brighten our spirits. So I made a card today intended to use as one of my Thank You notes from my family. 

We have a darling inspiration photo to get those creative juices flowing.   I started with a rustic cream card base and added patterned paper that was inspired by the inspiration photo. Noting that the snowman on the pillow is actually on a tag, I used a Kraft Shipping Label as my focal image for my sentiment, stamped snowflakes and fussy-cut snow man. 


TRR #45
I embellished the tag with some Button Twine and Black Seam Binding Ribbon.  


A final embellishing touch is painting a chipboard snowflake adding chunky glitter complete with a button laced with Button Twine 

Be sure to head over to The Ribbon Reel and be inspired by all the other talented design team gals.  The challenge runs bi-weekly so you have two weeks to show off your beautiful work. The more times you participate the more chances you have to win some free goodies from The Ribbon Reel. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Tammy~


14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooo beautiful!!! I love love love the colors, the snowman and loving the lace!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Tammy this is darling I love his little polka dot hat and scarf set! Very sweet thank you card ;)

Maria said...

Awww...that is one darling snowman! Pretty polka dot paper and lace for this sweet card...love it!!!

Sue Lelli said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! LOVE the ribbon reel things!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so cute, fabulous design and I love the dp you used with this adorable image.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy!

I sure hope you feel better...and that you don't have bronchitis , it's horrible!! I get into these coughing fits that last forever and I can't stop. My ribs feel like I cracked them , but today except for the occasional coughing fit and plugged ears I'm alot better!! I made those Crate cards Before I got sick :-) Because I sure haven't felt like creating the last week lol!

I really love your card! Those stamps are so precious and you showcased them wonderfully!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Brilliant take on the inspiration photo Tammy! Love the design and colours. The lace on the top is gorgeous too! Sorry to hear you have been unwell, hope 2013 is a good one!! x

Oscar said...

Gorgeous card Tammy, such a great take on the photo especially using the kraft tag and the snowman is so cute with it's matching hat and scarf x

Doreen said...

Beautiful card,lovely image and fab colours.xxx

Jessi Fogan said...

What a neat pillow, to have the tag motif. That's really unique! And your card is so beautifully inspired by it - love the white snowflakes on kraft! And that snowflake is GORGEOUS :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Love, love, LOVE this to pieces, Tammy, especially that yummy lace and those polka dots! Plus, you know I'm diggin' all that scrumptious kraft! You rocked this one, girl!

Benzi said...

I LOVE snowmen and I LOVE polka dots, so guess what? I'm in love with this card. Soooo adorable!

Michelle said...

That snowman is so sweet and I love that giant snowflake!!! Beautiful card, Tammy!!!

Jeanne J. said...

Tammy that snowman is the cutest! I love the red, kraft and white combo and that awesome snowflake!