Thursday, February 2, 2012

Robot Birthday Card

Hi there!

My son has been invited to a birthday party so I need to make a quick and simple card for a little boy. What boy doesn't like Robots and Yay me for using more scraps! However, I doubt he will notice the card and just be interested in the gift.


I went back and forth on coloring and/or more paper piecing and decided: A: He's not gonna take the time to look at it or care and B: I like the simplicity of just having the heart paper pieced.
The stamps I used are from The Angel Company and I believe sadly they are no longer in business. The patterned paper is scraps, but from The Yellow Bicycle Zach's Life Collection and I am guessing retired since I have had it for ages.

I am adding this to the Lily Pad Cards - Patterned Paper Challenge which is to use up those patterned papers and Pixie's Crafty Snippet Challenge. Ok, why is it that my stash is not lessening? Ha! I am sure Di is tired of seeing me in her playground for the third time this week.

Thanks for spending a bit of your Thursday with me.
~Tammy~

{Recipe}
Stamps:  The Angel Company: Robots
Paper: Card Stock: Stampin' UP! and PP: Scraps Little Yellow Bicycle
Ink: Stampin' UP! 
Other: Punch: Martha Stewart, Twine: Joanne's

12 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh my word...this is just too cute...I love that robot and the birthday sentiment...so fun..

Anita Rex said...

I like that you left him uncolored, your right he won't notice! Such a cute card Tammy!

Di said...

Hi Tammy - I love this card, even if the little boy didn't take much note, others will have, plus us lot in blogland and of course your playmates in the snippets playground too :)

Never fret about how often you nip in for a quick turn on the swings - if those snippets are being used then it's a good thing :)

Maybe you can bring some buttons for us to play with sometime - did you ever swop little treasures like buttons and scraps of material as a kid? I did and my most treasured scrap of material was a 6" x 6" piece of deep red velvet. It was a strange craze and we carried our little boxes of material to school every day. I bet you think I'm making this lot up - or that I'm aged 100 or so :)) Di xx

Karen B. said...

This is so super cute! You'll have to catch my post later tonight and then you'll realize why I'm smiling so big right now...

Theresa said...

What a fabby card. I love how you did the cut out with the sentiment. Very cleaver.

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Too cute! That is so creative with the way you did the piece punched out around your sentiment!

Brandi said...

What an adorable card! Robots must be the in thing now because I am seeing them everywhere. I love how you accented the orange heart and border punched an area for the sentiment. Great job!

Emily Keaton said...

Your robot card is so cute, Tammy! Your son's friend will love it!! I have that TAC set, too, and really have a lot of fun with it. Yes, too bad they went out of business. I loved their stamps!!

Sarn said...

Bet he loved his card really. It's a great boy's card, which are very hard to make. You nailed it. xxx

Dana said...

EEEK! So cute Tammy!

Jen W. said...

Awesomeness! Love the cutout for the sentiment! So cool!

Vicky said...

What a fun card! Great take on the challenge. Thank you for joining the fun at lily pad cards!