Monday, August 22, 2016

Happy First Day of School

Happy Monday!

I found a little crafty time with a break from the books to get another card ready for the beginning of school. My little man will have a few cards to give to his teachers.  Hard to believe they will be back in one week. I know many have already started back. I feel like I didn't get much of a summer break and most importantly, I missed being able to do a lot with the short stack this summer.
 I used stamps and dies from My Creative Time. I took a length of Cranberry Trendy Twine and wrapped it around the prepped banner piece and tied in a double bow.  All papers were odds and ends from previous makes, but I can assure you I will have these papers for years to come...I bought this school stack a couple of years ago, and I feel like I have not made a dent in my pile. As my son is getting older, I doubt I will be making many school projects past this year. {Enter very sad face}
Inspiration was found with this weeks Retro Sketches layout.
 
I am also sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes.
I hope you have a fabulous week!
~Tammy~

8 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Tammy, your card is super cute.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING the pencil and the apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Yay, Tammy! SO happy to "see" you, my friend, and what a treat for us to find some new projects from you! Your back to school card is absolutely adorable! Perfect papers and love the little pencil and apple. The big banner flag with the tied twine is fabulous, too. Your son's teachers will love this!

Lisa said...

It's so gorgeous!! I love the papers you used!! The pencil and apple are fabulous!! Beautiful card my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue Lelli said...

YOU always make the BEST back to school cards, Tammy! LOVE your papers and the pencil!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, what a great back to school card! FUn paper mix and adorable layering! Cute design!
Sherrie K

Lisa Elton said...

Layers of back to school cuteness Tammy!! Your son has some lucky teachers!! The summer does go quickly. I don't think they should start up until after Labor Day and be done right after Memorial Day. That's the way it was when we were kids!!

Kellie 0:) said...

What a wonderful creation. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday