Monday, August 3, 2015

Welcome Back To School - {The Kraft Journal}

Good Monday to you!

Hard to believe we have hit the first Monday in August. The summer is flying right on by and the kiddos will be heading back to school soon.

To help you get ready, we have a "Back to School" challenge at The Kraft Journal this week.
I started with a card base of Blackboard Stock Paper onto which I layered the pieced school themed papers. I tied a length of Red Baker's Twine around where the pieces meet and tied in a bow. I then took one of The Kraft Outlet's Yellow Library Card and stamped some number and the date (My Creative Time) before adding it at an angle to the card front. Next I die-cut a stitched rectangle (My Creative Time) from Blackboard Stock Paper to which I stamped a Welcome Back to school sentiment and apple (My Creative Time) using the chalkboard technique. I then placed it at an angle on the Yellow Library Card.  Lastly I cut a pencil (My Creative Time) from Brown Kraft Cardstock and decorated it with other papers from my stash of scraps and added it to the card.

Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your Back to School creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

 
Have a great week!
~Tammy~

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING the pencil and the bit of chalkboard!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

This is so fun!! Perfect back to school card!! The layers are fabulous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa Elton said...

Well shucks, this is so cute!! Love the chubby little pencil!

Audrey Pettit said...

That is adorable, Tammy! I am loving that chunky pencil, and the library card and chalkboard sentiment is sooo perfect with your theme. Great layers and great stamping! SO fun!

VanessaB said...

aww.. i remember library cards. heehee. such a cute card!