Monday, July 7, 2014

The Kraft Journal #179 Sea and Sand

Happy Happy Monday!

Are you staying Cool???  Thinking back to the long winter we had this year...I won't complain!

For this week's Sea and Sand challenge at The Kraft Journal, I found a Silhouette file that provided the perfect inspiration for my starting point. 

The little beach scene postage stamp has a base of Buff Ivory . The sand is made of Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock. I used Light Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock  for the palm tree base, and the rest were from my scrap pile. I never throw throw anything away, and those small pieces always come in handy at some point. The card base is made of Kraft Cover Weight which can be found at The Kraft Outlet. I followed by matting some solid pieces of cardstock that compliment the postage stamp adding a large scallop border to the top. I took a length of Vintage Winter White Bias Tape  and vertically wrapped it around the card front in the center and tied in a bow adding a button to the center which was threaded with Red Baker's Twine.  Lastly, I stamped the Sweet Summertime sentiment from a newly launched company called Craftin' Desert Diva's in red ink onto a hand-cut banner from Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock.

Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your Sea and Sand creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

I am also sharing at Craftin' Desert Divas - Summer

Have a wonderful day!
~Tammy~

22 comments:

Georgiana said...

I saw this file one day when I was browsing through and liked it. Your card looks great and what a relaxing scene!

Lisa Elton said...

Tammy this is THE perfect summer design!! I'm crushing on your gingham palm tree leaves...SO CUTE!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I love love love love that postal stamp ... the palm trees are fabulous!!!!!!

Benzi said...

This is adorable and so fun. I love that hammock between the gingham palm trees. What a great summer card!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness! A beach scene on a postage stamp! I LOVE that!

Annette Allen said...

what a cute little scene you created.. i love this card..

VanessaB said...

super cute! i love tropical theme creations :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable Tammy!!!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Tammy!! I love the summertime scene you've created!! The postage stamp shape is fabulous!! I just love everything about this my friend!! Perfect summer card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CDD!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jessica said...

This is so super AWESOME Tammy!
LOVE your scene....makes me wish I was there now :)
Awesome card!!!

Migdalia said...

WOW!! Stunning & Beautiful!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Lalo said...

WOW! What a paper master piece!

Connie Mercer said...

Love your Kraft Journal~ the file you found is awesome. Love it!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog today:):)

Diane Jaquay said...

Tammy, this is so SWEET!! I love the cute little beach scene stamp you made!!

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome card! Such a peaceful scene! I love it!
Have a great evening!
Sherrie K

Jess said...

Fun card! Love the layered scene!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ah, it's like Hawaii all over again! :) Such an adorable scene.

When I first looked at the photo of the card, it looked like a smiley face to me!

Mollie said...

Fabulous project! LOVE that beach scene! Your trees are so fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Craftin' Desert Divas!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

Creative Momma said...

Beautiful project!! I love the relaxing scene :) Thank you for joining us on Craftin' Desert Divas...Marina

Greta said...

Love your sweet scene! Winter was too cold, but I'd sure be glad with a cool down about now--LOL!

Jessi Fogan said...

NOw that's a fab summer scene!!
(Winter was definitely rough this year, but summer is going to kill me - no AC, and the mosquitoes are so bad this year they're biting through Deep Woods spray AND clothes. Itchy & sweaty is not a fun combo, lol!)

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh! The postage stamp scene is to die for! You KNOW how much I LOVE this!