Monday, June 30, 2014

The Kraft Journal - Red White And Blue

Good Monday Morning to you!

This week at The Kraft Journal we have a new challenge for you, and it's RED, WHITE, and BLUE!     


I started with a base of Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock.  I layered an embossed Star panel to the Buff Ivory Cardstock panel which I stamped God Bless America. The sentiment is from DeNami Designs. I added a scallop border piece of patterned paper from my stash where the pieces joined. 


I cut out a fire-cracker using a file from the Silhouette store. I just used red and blue papers and of course Buff Ivory Cardstock.  I die-cut an oval from Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock which I embossed using a woodgrain plate. Next I nested it onto a fancy scallop cut from Buff Ivory Cardstock.  Final finishing touches include adding some red and blue rhinestones to the firecracker. 

I kept this one pretty flat and easy for mailing. :-)

Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your red, white, and blue creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

I am also sharing at Die Cuttin' Divas - I vow To Thee My Country, Craftin Desert Divas - Red, White, and Blue, My Craft Spot - Patriotic, Pumpkin Spice - Red, White, and Blue, City Crafter Challenge - Red, White, and Blue.

I hope you have a terrific week!
~Tammy~

17 comments:

jessica said...

LOVE your card Tammy!!! What a GREAT 4th of July project!!!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Monday!

Annette Allen said...

how totally fun Tammy... Love that cool firework.. great designing..

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! LOVING the firecracker!!!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the firecracker and the wood BG! Happy July 4th , Tammy!

Martha Herrera said...

Pretty card, Tammy! I can't believe Fourth of July is this Friday!

Hope all is well with you.

Audrey Pettit said...

What an absolutely perfect take on the red, white, and blue, Tammy! I LOVE that firecracker! So fun and festive, and looks amazing against the embossed woodgrain and embossed stars. And LOVE that sentiment image. This is fabulous!

Lisa said...

This is awesome, Tammy!! I love the embossed star background!! The font for God Bless America is beautiful!! I love this my friend!! Patriotic and fabulous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Irish Cherokee said...

THAT is one BIG firecracker Tammy. That should rattle a few paper card windows. I am loving this card. Make me want to stand up and salute.

Lisa Elton said...

LOVE IT! The firecracker is too cute and I really like the strip of plaid scallops!

Migdalia said...

WOW!! This is really beautiful!
Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Ros Crawford said...

What a terrific card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Donna K said...

What a wonderful card, Tammy! The embossed wood grain is awesome with this design! Love that sentiment...love your entire creation! Have a wonderful day.

Georgiana said...

I sure do like the font for your sentiment. Great patriotic card! Thanks for sharing at Die Cuttin' Divas.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •

Melissa @ M Miranda Creations said...

Fantastic card! Perfect for the 4th. Thank you for linking up with us at Craftin' Desert Divas.

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh how cool, love the firecracker!!

Greta said...

Great card, Tammy! I didn't get 4th of July cards made this year, but I have that DeNami stamp & need to use it for next year!