Friday, April 11, 2014

Thanks for being an egg-cellent Teacher....

Hi!

{Honored this card was a Die Cuttin Diva Showcase Pick on 4/15/14, Design Challenge Winner at My Creative Time on 4/17/14}

I have a card for my son to give his teacher! She has been a huge positive influence for him, so I don't mind doing extra treats and cards for him to show how much he appreciates her at the holidays. She is still on emergency leave, so he can give it to her when she returns after the break.

All dies and stamps used are from My Creative Time.
Hold on to your hats, but I didn't use any patterned paper at all on this card! I used all left over pieces of cardstock from previous makes! :-))) The top aqua panel is embossed and I took white paint over it and set it to dry. 

Isn't this little die set cute?  It's a stamp and coordinating die set. The Postage frame is separate. 
I die-cut and then stamped the speckled row of eggs at the bottom. A length of yellow seam binding was wrapped around the card front and tied in a fussy bow embellishing with a button and twine. 
A sentiment perfect for an egg-cellent teacher! 

Well, I am going to wrap this up! I have a jam packed day ahead. Starting with Physical Therapy. Seems this is still going to be a normal part of my week for awhile. Baseball practice tonight, Opening Ceremonies tomorrow followed by the first little league game of the season. We've already had one travel ball game, but we will have a break from travel due to the holiday weekend. It also looks like we are catching our local farm team game Saturday night. So I take that back...it's a jammed packed weekend.  :-)

I am joining along at: Die Cutin Divas - Color Challenge Pastels, MCT-No Patterned Paper, Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Snippets, Craftin' Desert Divas - Anything Goes Linky Party, Really Reasonable Ribbon - Flowers, Buttons, or Bows, Craft-Dee Bowz - Anything Goes with Handmade Bows, Just B Crazy - April Linky Party, Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes, Simon Says Stamp - Happy Easter or Sweet Treat, Jo's Scrap Shack - Easter Challenge, My Craft Spot - Easter, D.L. Art - Easter Challenge.

Hope you have a Fantastic Friday!  Thanks for visiting me! 
~Tammy~

36 comments:

Di said...

Hi Tammy!

Great to see you in the Snippets Playground, and what a fabulous card you brought! LOVE every detail and, as always, such gorgeous colours.

Hugs

Di xx

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, how absolutely adorable this is! So, so festive and fun, and jammed packed full of fabulous detail. Love the white washed embossing and love the border of speckled eggs. Such a cutie pie chickie and basket, too!
Have fun this weekend. Sounds like a fun-filled couple of days!

Lisa Elton said...

Great use of your snippets Tammy, this is adorable! Your son's teacher must love you to bits ;) Enjoy your busy weekend...little league, miss those days SO MUCH!!!

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! I love the sweet little chick!! The colors are so soft and pretty!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Melissa said...

Very pretty, love all those pastel colors, gr8t job, thanks for joining FFC!

Unknown said...

Tammy,
Thank you for joining us this week and for posting your awesome art in our Word Art Wednesday challenge. Blessings, Carole

Debbie said...

Super sweet, Tammy!!

Donna Maligno said...

What a sweet and adorable card! Love it. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooo cute! LOVING those eggs!!!!!!

jessica said...

This is so super ADORABLE Tammy!!!! I love all the MCT goodies you used! What a great card that I know your son's teacher will LOVE!!!
AWESOME job my friend!!!
Thanks for sharing and for playing along with the MCT No Pattern Paper challenge!
Have a GREAT weekend!

Georgiana said...

Oh so pretty! Love the distressed look of the pastel colors.

Karen Letchworth said...

Absolutely DARLING, Tammy! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this adorable card in our challenge this week, and God bless you!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Stacy said...

Your son's teacher is going to love this card. The speckled eggs are cute! I hope your busy weekend is a happy one!

scrappymo! said...

This is so cute! I think teacher is going to love it!

Lynn said...

So darn cute! How nice to show teacher appreciation!

L.B. said...

Adorable. Thanks for playing with DCD

Maria said...

What a darling Easter card! Those dies are so CUTE, esp. the little chick!:-) You son's teacher will love it! Good luck with PT for your shoulder. And, may you and family have a blessed Easter!

Julie said...


Lovely card so cute

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy!!!! I LOVE your card, and so will the teacher, how sweet of you!!!

Sarn said...

Hi Tammy . . . I love your sweet and cute Easter card. Such pretty colours. xxx

Carol L said...

This is such a sweet Easter card, with amazing details and colors! A snippet classic!

Sherrie K. said...

Tammy, what a darling Easter card! I love the adorable chickie and fun frame around it! The colors are all so bright and spring like! Super cute design my friend!
Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Diane Jaquay said...

Omg, too too CUTE!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Too darn cute! Thanks for playing along with our designer challenge at MCT! Lee-Ann :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty project.

Thanks for joining us at RRR.
Jenn
DT

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card for the teacher for Easter, it's so darn cute :) Thanks for playing alone with us over at Funday Friday challenge :)

Jessi Fogan said...

So much better to stick with the physical therapy because it means you'll be all better faster! (I know how boring/painful it can be, though. Ugh!)
How awesome that the short stack has SUCH a great teacher on his side - it makes all the difference in the world, it really does :) Love that you let her know how much that means to your family!

InspiredMel said...

Love this card! Colors are great and everything came together so nicely.

Pat N. said...

Love your card! The colors are wonderful, and so is that beautiful bow. TFS at DCD.

Kate said...

Such a sweet, sweet card, Tammy! That little chick is adorable and I love the egg border along the bottom. Such pretty colours too!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Gwen said...

Oh this is so cute! I love the colors and that cute little chick!! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot. Hope to see you next week!

Gwen

http://thisandthatbygwen.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

This is so adorable!! I love it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #130 “EASTER” challenge, Have a Blessed day
DIANA L.
http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Super cute, love all those pastels, gr8t job! Thanks for joining FFC!

Emily Keaton said...

So super cute, Tammy!

Unknown said...

Awesome! What amazing dies...and I love that sentiment. You rocked the no-dsp thing Miss Thing ;)

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so darling! Thanks so much for joining us at the My Creative Time Challenge :)