Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Homespun Fall

Hey all!

{Edit to note: This card made The Shabby Tea Room's Honorable Mention Cup of Tea! Yay! Thank you so much!}

I am having a hard time believing it's November ALREADY! Did everyone have a great Halloween?  We did as my little one came home with a pretty big bag of loot! The dads in our neighborhood walked as a group with the kids and we huddled around the fire pit and handed out candy.  We sat a table up so those ghost and goblins had quite a buffet to add to their treat bags!

I have a Thanksgiving card to share with you today!  The Shabby Tea Room issued a Homespun Fall challenge this week.  When I think of Homespun, Gingham comes to mind first.  So I just had to add a bit of that to my card.


Again, I grabbed everything from my scrap pile! Yay, for using up some scraps! I added a doily distressed in Orange Marmalade ink next adding my focal image with crochet trim and an assortment of buttons. I used a lacy scallop punch on the bottom of my patterned paper which works well for the challenge this week at The Kraft Journal -  to use banners or border punches on your creation.
I made the inside simple with a sentiment from DeNami Designs and a pumpkin stamp from their Autumn Stamp Set. Keeping the inside simple leaves enough room to write a personal message!
I love the inspiration photo The Shabby Tea Room has this week! 
I have not had a chance to play along with Jules Snippet Challenge in a few weeks, so I am happy to play along this go around!  Also playing along at The Ribbon Carousel - Anything Goes with the New Crew!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
~Tammy~

19 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Very pretty!! A great Thanksgiving card!!

Annette Allen said...

love it... Great Thanksgiving Card and love that ribbon

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, that is really pretty, Tammy! Gingham is perfect in your homespun equation. :)

Karen B. said...

Wow, fantastic use of scraps! Beautiful card, Tammy.

Jay Gee said...

I love gingham!, gorgeous touch to a pretty card :)

Katie said...

Your cards are adorable! I think you have inspired me to make a few homemade holiday cards this year ;-) XoXo

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your card and that doily ;-)
TFS~

Jules said...

Hi Tammy

You always manage to come up with such bright and beautiful makes with your snippets!

Love all the elements you have combined here. They all look great on that kraft backing card.

Thank you for sharing in the snippet playground again this week.

Love Jules xx

Danielle Daws said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing at the Ribbon Carousel.

Unknown said...

Oh I just love all the layers on this beautifully composed card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal!!!

Laura Davis said...

Love this!
Thanks for playing at the Ribbon Carousel!
Laura

Stella said...

I think I see a winner and you derseve it. Your take on the challenge is brilliant and GORGEOUS. Wonderful use of colors, patterns and design. That punpkin is perfect and I love the ribbon!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is such a cute card, Tammy! I love that cheery background paper and the pumpkin seed packet is the perfect touch for fall! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal this week!

Laurel said...

What a fabulous creation! Thanks for playing at RCC.

Sheri said...

So pretty! What a fun image?!? Thanks for sharing with us at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM ;-)

Unknown said...

Cute card! ;o)

Lynn said...

Great card...love the distressed doily. Good for you using up scraps!

Sarn said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS. xxx

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love that seed packet image. Love it! The row of differently-sized buttons under it is also a great touch.
Sounds like your Halloween was a lot of fun. I'm so glad! You're in a new neighborhood, with new folks all around, and it sounds like it went well.