Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon!

**This is my 2nd post of the day, for my Wilson Designs Stamps Day 2 Release card scroll down or click here**

I have a little card to share.   It was one of those days where I grabbed a little of this and a little of that. It was also one of those days where it didn't turn out anything like I visioned it, but I am ok with that.

I started this card using Kraft card stock and added a layer of textured cream patterned paper to frame my card.  I then added a strip of aqua patterned paper to the right side of my card front.
A doily was added to the main panel followed by some rickrack and scalloped trimmings topped with a strip of patterned paper.   Some twine was wrapped multiple times around the center and tied in a bow.
I die cut the image from a vintage book. I intended to only use this as a background paper, but I actually liked the image to use alone as a focal point. I had some black lace trim in my stash and added to the bottom of the vintage book print image.  

I punched a heart in Kraft card stock which was run through my crimper to give a corrugated cardboard effect. Some paint was added to the heart for a shabby look finished off with a button.  To dress up the card a bit, a fussy seam binding bow with stick pin and paper rose was added above the vintage book print image. I completed the card with a sentiment cut into a waving banner.  Two tiny caramel pearls were added to each end of the sentiment banner. 

Inspiration for this card came from:
The Pink Elephant: Get Krafty: Use Kraft on your project
The Kraft Journal:Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Tammy~
{Recipe}
Stamps: PTI
Paper: CS: Stampin' UP!, PP: DCWV, PTI
Ink: Jenny Bowlin, 
Other: Dies: Spellbinders, PTI, Buttons: Hobby Lobby, Twine: Joanne's, Seam Binding: Etsy, Ricrac/scallopped trimming: American Crafts, Doily: Michael's 

15 comments:

Jen Shults said...

Oh this is so pretty! I love the seam binding... that color is fabulous and all the layers... just yummy! Thanks for using a Deconstructed Sketch!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Tammy. You make the most gorgeous cards, and I love this one too. Gorgeous and very delicate colours.
Have a lovely evening.
Love Sandra xx

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! This is just GORGEOUS! LOVE that image from the book print. I agree it makes a FAB focal point! LOVE the black lace and the doily and the seam binding and EVERYTHING!

VanessaB said...

your little piece of this and a little piece of that turned into a beautiful piece of ART! absolutely LOVE this. :)

Brandi said...

This is absolutely stunning! GORGEOUS!

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun,this is simply stunning,the detail is just fantastic,hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

Stella said...

Well dearie I love all the things you grabbed. And this card has so many details that I just LOVE. Wow!

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous, love all the little details....

Karen B. said...

Beautiful details! The touch of black is wonderful!

jen said...

It may not be what you planned, but it is lovely!!!

Tan's Hobbies said...

Dear Tamy, this card is very very lovely. Love every detail on it. Love the sweet colors selection. I personally love the addition of black lace trim in between your sweet decorations. Great card, dear!

sandi said...

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful!

Annette Allen said...

ok seriously this is one of my favorites...what a beautiful card...I love how you added wings to the heart and that image is so perfect...great color combo...love this..

Lucia said...

Hi Tammy! thank you so much for your comment... and I have to say that I lvoe this card so much! I love how you mixed the colors, it looks so tender! hugs, Lucia

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is beautiful! I love the vintage image and all of the layers and embellishments are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal this week!