Saturday, March 10, 2012

Go Green

Hi!

Do you ever create something and think that just didn't turn out at all how I envisioned it. Well that is what I am sharing with you today. I have read where people delete post or throwing out their "uglies" etc. Not me, and well, that is a crime and a waste of paper and this is after all is a "go green" post...ha. Seriously, I am all about the good and the ugly. I show the pretty and the not so pretty too. I hope we all accept we are all human. This may not have been my favorite card I have made, but I know someone will appreciate it because I have made it for them. It so did not turn out like I wanted or come together like I thought, but oh well...it's only paper and like I said someone will appreciate being thought of.
I started the card with a Kraft card base and framing with a layer of cream card stock and toped with a distressed green polk a dot patterned paper. I adorned an off-white crochet trim across the card front. I then wrapped a length of silk ribbon, vertically, around the left half of the card front and embellished it with a green button. 

My focal images were then stamped on the die cuts and then adhered to the card face and now ready for mailing for hopefully a smile on a relative's face. Added to note they are not blurred just looks that way in the picture because of the patterned paper choices which thought would look cool with the matching stamps. Ha! See vision in head does not always match on paper. {smile} However, it does look better in person. 

I am going to go ahead and join in at DYSU - Go Green (Although I don't think this card stacks up...ha)
I hope you have a great weekend!
~Tammy~
{Recipe}
Stamps: TAC, Celtic Images: Sentiment: DeNami Designs
Paper: CS: Stampin' UP!, PP: Scraps
Ink: Momento
Other: Dies: PTI, embellishments: Buttons: PTI, Ribbon: TAC, Crochet Trim: Hobby Lobby, Twine: Joanne's

16 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhh I love this!!! I love love love the colors, the buttons and the distressing!! I know what you mean about the 'uglies'... I still show mine too... lol!! I don't think this is ugly though... I truly love it!

Colleen Dietrich said...

It's fine, Tammy! I like the polka dotted paper, and the buttons/ribbon/lace combo. Perhaps the sentiment would be better in black; it would make it stand out more against the delicate background.

And yes, I've had my share of cards that I did not think turned out very good! We all must do that from time to time. ;)

Anonymous said...

It is pretty Tammy. I know I am my own worse critic. I love the color of green & the celtic look. :)

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Sherrie K. said...

Great colors Tammy! I love the polka dot paper and the distressing looks fabulous!!! nice job:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Di said...

Not an uglie at all Tammy! I love it! Di xx

Pauline said...

A beautiful fresh card Tammy, perfect for this challenge! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Tammy,love the colours.xxx

Marlena M. said...

Lovely green and peach. Wonderful distress, Tammy!

Sometimes I LOVE my card...then I wake up the next morning and go bleh.

Karen B. said...

I have some cards I feel the same way about! I think it is pretty Tammy, and someone will sure love it. I know when I post cards I don't like, I'm often looking for feedback as to how I can change it for next time. Not sure if you are looking for that as well, so if not, please disregard. I love the polka dot paper, but I think it overwhelms the paper and sentiment a bit, so your eye is drawn to the polkas rather than the reason for the card. Does that make sense?

Annette Allen said...

such a cute card...I love how you added that orange ribbon... Such a great combo and cute design..

Unknown said...

I have lots of cards that I didn't share because after I was done I didn't like them.
This is really lovely! ;o)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Tammy I loved this post and your heartfelt and honest comments.... beautiful card and you went "green" in so many ways. Waste not want not right?! :0)

Stella said...

I think it turned out gorgeous. I know what you mean and it happens to me too. Cards that turn out not as planned. ( I have loads of them :) And I LOVE your card. This post is perfect. Your story is honest and remember this sweetie...you put time, love and attention in this card. And that shows off. Maybe not as planned but definitely gorgeous. And the recipient will be thrilled!
XX

Jocelyn Olson said...

You crack me up about the "not how I planned" card. That's most of my cards! LOL! I think it's a gorgeous card--great colors (you're ALWAYS so good with colors) and great embellishments. Good for you for entering it into the challenge! :)

Tan's Hobbies said...

All your creations are my favorite, dear =)

Love the colors, love all the embellishments that you used, love the stamps, and love the lace too.