Sunday, August 15, 2010

Old World Ship Collage

Hi~

Well, things are a bit hectic in our household right now, so I didn't think I was going to get to participate in The Play Date Cafe Challenge this week. As I mentioned in another post I have a lot of birthdays coming up, so I had to make a masculine birthday card anyway so I challenged myself to center them around the colors this week.


The photograph did not take the true colors of the card which is disappointing. The image looks way more rustic and Old World than is showing up in this picture. I am not sure if you can see the difference in the colors from behind the card and what the card is sitting on, but those are the same colors, but yet behind the card is washed out. I tried reshooting it, but I just don't have the right flash and lens right now. One day!

Well, thanks for taking a look and this color combination helped with those masculine cards we tend to put off to the very last minute! J
~Tammy~

{Recipe}
Stamps:  The Angel Company: Ship Collage, PTI: Birthday Basics
Paper: Stampin' UP! Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Bazzil: Green
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Walnut Stain
Other: Stampin' UP!: Library Clip, Word Window Punch, Hemp Cord

5 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful masculine BD card, the hemp looks great across the top. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Unknown said...

Great masculine birthday card, Tammy! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful masculine birthday card. Love the image with the ship and the map behind it. Glad you found time to play along with us at the PDCC this week!

Elise said...

Look at YOU, Tammy, darlin'! This is such a juicy, crafty, MAN card! (*GASP!) I can practically smell the sea shore from the magical, nautical mood you've created here! This is fabulous! I love how you've been inspired by the PDCC colors - YEE HAW!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--I love this card! I love that map and that little clip--that string on the top is the perfect touch:) Beautifully done:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)