Thursday, June 17, 2010

E.A.D. Designs Plum Shabby Color Challenge 1


Plum Shabby Color Challenge 1

E.A. D. Designs is hosting their first Color challenge and the colors are Black, Plum and Gray. How divine and rich is that??? Below is the inspiration photo.


This card included several things that I love, paper, ribbon, buttons, stamping, black, purple, gray, and a little bling!!!....Um just about everything, okay, let’s get to the card {wink wink} I Started out with Stampin’ UP! Perfect Plum as my standard A2 base I then added a layer each of designer paper by Making Memories before I adhered it to my card base.  

I used my Gypsy to cut the remaining images to simplify things as they are from two different cartridges.  After my scallop top note was cut in the gray, I used VersaMark ink with Damask Designs by Papertrey Ink to create a subtle background image.  

Next I layered the chair cut. Can you see the purple peeking underneath in the scroll? {love it} Then I reversed the paper layers for the word Relax which I adhered with foam adhesive, before adding a few rhinestones to finish it off. Oh, and did you notice I had to have a rhinestone to the top of the chair!  Last but not least I added some buttons!

I hope you enjoyed this fun little card as much as I enjoyed creating it! It is much cuter in person!!! I am glad I got to participate in E.A.D. Designs First Color Challenge!

Take care and have a great day!
~Tammy~



{Recipe}
Stamps: PTI:Damask Designs
Embellishments: SU: Basic Black Ribbon , PTI: True Black Buttons,  EK Success: Rhinestones
Card Stock: Stampin' UP!
Designer Paper: Making Memories
Ink: VersaMark,
Other: Gypsy: Just Because Cards and Off the Wall Décor, foam adhesive

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty...I ♥ the Chair.
Thanks for playing along this month:)

Courtney Baker said...

Love that chair! Great use of the inspiration!!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is so pretty! Love the chair and scallop shape. Thanks so much for visiting the DRS Designs blog!

Rad Runner said...

That card rocks! Fabulous job!

Unknown said...

Wow, lots of fabulous details and the perfect touch of bling!