Saturday, June 5, 2010

A couple of cards that were quick and easy!

Quick post of some cards I had to quickly make. My son was in a Rodeo with the Therapeutic Horsemanship of Hawaii a couple of weeks back (he is 4). He was part of the "Lead Line Drill Team", and basically he just had to sit on the pony and look cute. It was a Biker theme, but the Lead Line Team had to put it together for the little kiddos and they did a great job. Therapeutic riding has been a great tool in helping my son improve his quality of life and build confidence and we are grateful to have found this resource, so I wanted to give THH a thank you along with some pictures from the Rodeo, so I thought the Biker Stamp from Stampin Up was perfect! Above is a birthday card I made using the Cricut Stamping Cartridge which I borrowed from a dear friend (Thank you Laurel). I borrowed this cartridge for another reason, but I loved the cuts on here because they are super simple, and I made this card for a sweet little girl turning 10. The Top layer is from my scrap box so I can't recall the name of the pink, but I am sure it is Stampin Up and was embossed with my cuttlebug Divine Swirl embossing folder I then wrapped (wonky if you will) Gold Braid around the top layer before adhering it down. I used white gel pen on the lettering to make it stand out and I pop doted for added dimension. For a finishing touch I added pink dew drops to the crown. I actually used scraps for both these cards! There you have it!
Have a great weekend!
~Tammy~

No comments: