Monday, November 24, 2014

The Kraft Journal #199 Leftovers

Hi Friends!

We have a new challenge this week at The Kraft Journal and it's called "leftovers". Many of you will be having plenty of those in your kitchen at the end of the week. :-)

I had a dear friend in mind when I sat down to create my card today. My heart is heavy for her as she lost her fur baby. 

I started by looking at what was on my desk for a starting point. I had a die-cut border laying there. I don't want to think about how long it's been on my desk because the rest of it I used over a year ago or longer.  I found a piece of patterned paper in my scrap pile to add to the top of the card and the rest fell into place very quickly and easily. 
 
I started with a Brown Kraft Cover Weight card base onto which I added a panel of patterned paper from my scrap pile to the top of the card. As mentioned, I had a die-cut border left over from a previous make that I attached to the red-floral patterned paper. Next I wrapped a remnant of Black Twill Tape tying in a bow which I embellished further with Red Baker's Twine and a cream button. Lastly I took scraps of Blackboard Stock Paper and Buff Ivory Cardstock to die-cut a paw to add to the center. On my desk just waiting to be used was a banner cut from Light Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock that I added to the upper right corner of the card. All that was left was to stamp the sentiment on the front. I used stamps from My Pink Stamper Everyday Life.
Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your "Leftovers" creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

Have a Fantastic week!
~Tammy~

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I think we have the same friend in common ... and I just sent her a card too! :) I loveeeeeee this! LOVING that paw print!! So sweet!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, I KNOW your friend really appreciated this beautiful card, Tammy! What a gorgeous color combo and the design is so elegant and pretty. The little paw print is just the perfect touch!

jessica said...

What a sweet card!!!
LOVE it Tammy!

Lisa said...

This is so sweet, Tammy!! I love the paw print!! The design is beautiful!! This will definitely bring comfort to your friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Annette Allen said...

your friend will love it.. this is just so sweet..

Maria said...

Love the big paw print! What a sweet card for your friend!:-)

Lisa Elton said...

All of the comments saying this brought comfort and would be loved are all TRUE!! I do love and appreciate this beautiful card Tammy {{{HUGS}}}!!!

Sherrie K. said...

Aaw, such a great card! Your friend will feel comfort for sure from your card!
Sooo sweet Tammy! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Sherrie K

DIANA L. said...

What a beautiful card your friend will love it!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Jessi Fogan said...

What a hard thing to create a card for, but this is perfect, Tammy :)