Monday, March 11, 2013

The Kraft Journal 112 - Lucky Green


It's Monday! Another challenge for The Kraft Journal in underway. This week our theme is "Lucky Green".  I used the darling vintage image from The Graphic's Fairy as my starting point.  This girl can't resist anything vintage or shabby! I started by piecing together my patterned papers from my never ending scrap pile onto Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock.  I added a portion of a doily to the bottom half of the card front.  I took a White Library Card and added a touch of vintage ink to the edges for a bit of a distressed look. I stamped the Good Luck sentiment from Paper Sweeties So Sweet of You set in the upper left corner.  Next I added a die-cut shamrock just below the sentiment adding the vintage image over top of the White Library Card.

I then took a length of Natural Twill Tape and wrapped around the card front and tied off with a button and Natural Hemp Cord.  A final finishing touch was a paper star border at the top which was created from Buff Ivory and green cardstock.

Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other gals.  We hope to see your Lucky Green Project in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

I am also joining in the fun at: Sunday {Fun}day 7 - Anything Goes Linky Party, Great Impression - Going Green, Simon Says Stamp - A bit o green! DL Art Thankful Thursday Linky Party, The Ribbon Carousel - Spring is in the Air, CardMakin' Mama's - Green

Have a Marvelous Monday!
~Tammy~

14 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous card, Tammy! Soooo love that vintage image and love the polka dots and doily. The star border across the top is really eye catching. Love how you used the library card, too!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE that image! DARLING! The prettiest shamrock card I've seen!

Anonymous said...

So cute Tammy!!!! The image is adorable!!

Jeanne J. said...

Tammy this is beautiful - I really love that image and the ribbon treatment on this one - I love how it hangs over the edge of the card, and the button topper!

♥Jan♥ said...

This is absolutely darling - and I love that you and Karen chose the same image, but your cards are completely different ! The star border is one of my favorite things.

Dawn said...

Beautiful card, Tammy. Gorgeous vintage image and I love the layout. How clever to use a library card - fantastic!

Hugs, Dawn

MS said...

oh my! love this! love, love, love!

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, man, I love it! That little vintage girl is adorable :)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Tammy, the vintage image is so sweet and I love the stars.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

DIANA L. said...

What a super adorable card. Great image.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes March Linky Party
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

What a sweet image! I love all the dimension and awesome layers:)
Beautiful as always!
Have a great day:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Lisa Elton said...

What a darling little image! Your card is layered with Irish prettiness!!

Erin said...

What a beautiful card... I love the vintage little girl and doily. Stunning! Thanks for joining us this month at Great Impressions Stamps!

craftyteacher (Vikki) said...

interesting mix of products- thanks for joining us at Card Makin Mamas x