Monday, March 18, 2013

The Kraft Journal 112 - Favorite Color with Kraft

Hello!
{Blessed that this was a winner at Word Art Wednesday on 3/20/13)

Wow, here we are at Monday again! Today's challenge at The Kraft Journal is "Favorite Color with Kraft" I love White and Kraft together, but since that was a recent challenge, I thought I would share another love of mine which is Kraft with Red and Cream. I also adore Black and Kraft together and I think that is classy too! But stepping away from the neutrals, there is something about red and kraft together! 

I started this card today, by taking a piece of red star patterned paper from my stash and distressing the edges. I then added the panel to my Brown Kraft Cover Weight Cardstock. Using Buff Ivory Cardstock, I printed some red gingham papers from Cupcake Cards and Crafts, which I cut a small panel and distressed the edges.  I added a die-cut doily from which I cut out of Lunch Bag Kraft Text Paper to add to the top and bottom of that panel. 

Using stamps and dies from WPlus9, I stamped a frame onto Lunch Bag Kraft Cardstock onto which I added those delicious strawberries which were cut from Buff Ivory Cardstock.  A button laced with Natural Hemp Cord was added to the sentiment banner. 

Lastly, I took some Natural Hemp Cord and wrapped it around the top of the card and tied off in a bow.  

Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other gals.  We hope to see your Favorite Color with Kraft Project in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

I am also joining in the fun at: Sunday {Fun}day 7 - Anything Goes Linky Party, Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

Have a Marvelous Monday!
~Tammy~

33 comments:

Lynn said...

What a fun card, love the yummy strawberries. I want to play along with this challenge but find it so hard to have to pick one color as I love Kraft with everything! Your red really pops with the Kraft and has a nice, homespun look.

LeAnne said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my, I just LOVE this! So sweet!

Audrey Pettit said...

My gosh, this is sooo beautiful! There's something about the rustic, homespun feel of the red and kraft that I absolutely adore! Your design is out of this world gorgeous, Tammy! This is one of my absolute top-faves of yours!

Jeanne J. said...

The red and kraft are a match made in heaven. Love that pretty twine bow you made and those yummy looking berries!

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Tammy! That red looks great with the kraft! The strawberries look delicious!...Nancy :o)

sandi said...

Love this! Looks fab! The string/twine at the top is perfect here!

MS said...

i love the treatment of the papers. so rustic and country. gorgeous!

Karen Letchworth said...

I LOVE this, Tammy. I always feel so strange when I don't have to make a Monday post for TKJ (like I'm missing something), but of course mine goes up on Wednesday this week.
Your card is darling, and I thank you for sharing with us AGAIN this week. What a blessing!
Karen

Martha Herrera said...

Oh, another over the top gorgeous card! I love the die-cut doily peeking out from the top and bottom..Love it.

Denise Price said...

I agree with you that kraft and red are a great combination! Your card is cute and is a fabulous showcase for that sweet strawberry image.

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous!! The red and kraft together is fabulous!! I love the design and those yummy-looking strawberries!! What a beautiful card!! Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

So cute and shabby!

Connie Mercer said...

love working with Kraft and you are right red is gorgeous with kraft!! Love the card!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I LOVE red and kraft together Tammy and your card does NOT disappoint! Those sweet strawberries look scrumptious. Your card has a country/shabby charm to it ~ CUTE!!

Jennifer said...

Ohhh....love red and Kraft! Very pretty!

Emily Keaton said...

Tammy, this is delicious and delightful! I love how you combined the stars, gingham, and juicy strawberries :-)

Valerie said...

Such a sweet strawberry card! The hemp twine really adds a nice touch.

Jessi Fogan said...

I am in love with those strawberries! Love the varied colour on them! And that hemp bow is so perfect!

Ellen said...

Wow, love this strawberry sweet card.
Ellen

Unknown said...

Tammy,
Such a beautiful card. the strawberries, brown paper and distressing really work well together.
I am so thankful to finally have a computer. Windows 8 has a few challenges and it has a bilingual keyboard which is a wee bit different. It has been a very long three weeks and I have missed seeing your beautiful artwork.
God Bless you and yours,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card-great design! I really like the colors, layering and fun hemp:) Always inspired by your creations:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

ChristineCreations said...

This is so sweet! I love red tones with Kraft...and what fun strawberries too!

jessica said...

Such a gorgeous card Tammy!! LOVE the kraft and red mix! Awesome job :)
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT night!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful!! LOVING the colors, the distressing and love love love love the strawberries!!!!

Annette Allen said...

love the kraft and red together.. great card.. always such a treat..

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous. So live the distressing and how you have tied the twine.
{I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!!

Sue Lelli said...

Those strawberries look good enough to eat, Tammy! LOVE the red and kraft combo!

Unknown said...

My heart just skipped a beat! I love red with kraft...and your perfectly layered die cuts just about did me in. Awesome!

Benzi said...

You made me realize how awesome red and kraft look together. What a great card with the distressing and yummy strawberries.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

I agree - what a color combo!

Kate said...

I love this! The distressed edges are fabulous and I love the look of the red and kraft combination.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

I'm loving these strawberries and the fabulous design.