Thursday, June 7, 2012

Soak Up the Sun

Hi Friends! 

I have another Clean and Simple card to share today! It's another fantastic challenge at Inspired By Stamping and this week Joanna has a sketch for you to try. 

Here is my card! :-)))
Here is the Sketch:
IBSIC-#12

I totally went away from my norm. Instead of reaching for my very loved seam binding or crochet trim, I decided to find inspiration in my overflowing ribbon jars.  I used this ribbon a lot when I lived in Hawaii so I thought why not bring it out again, so that was the start to my inspiration.  My papers are from Cupcake Cards and Crafts and is part of a collection called "Last Summer".  My stamped images are from Inspired By Stamping: Inspiring Sentiments which is nested inside Fancy Labels 3

The sun was cut using my Cricut, and buttons, pearls, and a flower were the final finishing touches. 

I hope you will join us this week! I love love seeing your wonderful creations in the IBSIC gallery.

I see Papercraft Star is having a Here Comes Summer Challenge, so I will join in over there!

Thanks for peeking!
~Tammy~
{Recipe}
Stamps: Inspired by Stamping:  Fancy Labels 3, Inspiring Sentiments
Paper: CS: Stampin' UP!, PP: Cupcake Cards and Crafts
Ink: Versafine: Vintage Sepia
Other: Buttons: PTI, Ribbon: Offray, Pearls: Hero Arts, Flowers: Stash,  Dies: Spellbinders, Cricut

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful!! LOVING the colors, the buttons and that sun is AWESOME!!!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the beautiful colours.xxx

cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous Hun what beautiful colours and super design love the ribbon, hugs Cheryl xxxxxx

Jessi Fogan said...

That's super fun! I love the button sun, and that ribbon is fabulous :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

so pretty!

Debbie said...

Great card! Feels so sunny!

Emily Keaton said...

That's a fun card, so bright and cheery, Tammy!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Tammy, lovely colors for summer! So happy you joined us this week for the "Summer" challenge at the Papercraft Star!

Anonymous said...

Great card Tammy! I love your CAS card it is so adorable! Hugs, J

Unknown said...

Adorable card! Love the summery feel! ;o)

VanessaB said...

great summery card, and i love that ribbon :)

Glenda J said...

This is so fun! Love the colours and the sunshine!

Carole said...

Great card Tammy, I love the sentiment! Thanks for dropping by to say hello.

Tan's Hobbies said...

Oh, i love the bright and cheerful colors combo!! Love the combination of aqua-yellow-brown with your buttons-flowers-ribbon. This card is AWESOME!!