Monday, January 2, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room - Time Flies

Hi!

The Shabby Tea Room has a cute challenge this week. The Challenge: To create a card or project using the inspiration photo below and use SOMETHING WITH WINGS!
Here is a close up of what I came up with.
My card looks fairly simple, but it took a little longer due to the process of creating the tree branch which was a multistep process.

I actually took the tree trunk from My Favorite Things Sheltering Tree Set and stamped it in VersaMark Ink and covered it with clear embossing powder and then used my heat gun to set it. Next I used the coordinating die to cut it out. Next I grabbed my distress ink and started blending over the tree with my foam applicator. I started with Antique Linen, then blending Tea Dye and Vintage Photo.  I was inspired by the branch above the bed, so I just turned my "trunk" sideways. Next I stamped, colored and cut out the adorable owls from the same stamp set and added to my branch.

I distressed the edges with Vintage Tea Die, added some lace trim. I thought a heart paper doily was appropriate for this Valentine's card. (It came from a package my Mom picked up for me last year.)    Lastly I added a Happy Valentine's Day sentiment from Dandelion Designs. 

Thanks for stopping by your visits mean a lot!
~Tammy~
{Recipe}
Stamps:  My Favorite Things: Sheltering Tree, Sentiment: Dandelion Designs 
Paper: CS: Stampin' UP!, DP: Stampin' UP!
Ink: Stampin' UP! , Tim Holtz, VersaMark
Other: Lace Trim: Wrights, Heart doily, clear embossing powder, heat tool, foam applicator, Die: MFT, Copics

7 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Well the branch looks great, so all that work was well worth it! darling card!

Karen B. said...

What a beautiful, and cute at the same time, card! Love your colors.

Annette Allen said...

wow so so cute...grate take on the Inspirational photo. love those owls..

Colleen Dietrich said...

Tammy, the extra time this card took was worth the effort! It's absolutely adorable, and a PERFECT take on the inspiration pic. Well done, my friend!

Cindy said...

Well your limb (trunk) is stunning. It's the first thing that jumped out at me. Your hard work paid off! Thanks so much for linking this adorable card to the challenge in the Tea Room this week.

Sheri said...

Great technique on that stamp! Thanks for joining us at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM ;-)

Kate said...

Ohhh, this card is positively darling! Your branch is fantastic - and well worth all the effort you put into it!