Friday, April 20, 2012

First Birthday Wishes

Hi~

One of our neighbor's granddaughter is turning 1, so here is the card to celebrate the occasion.
I literally started this card like I do most of my cards...shopping my stash. I knew I had some bright fun papers in there I just had to keep digging! :-))) Viola! I rounded the bottom two corners and I adhered to my kraft card base.  I found some Lilac polka-dot patterned paper which was die cut into a large scalloped border. A pink eyelet border was die cut and layered above the scalloped border and applied to the center of my multi-colored patterned paper. 
A scrap of Whisper White that was die cut from Taylored Expressions serves as the focal base which was stamped using DeNami Designs Birthday Wishes Circle. Inside the circle, a darling little birthday hat is stamped from DeNami Designs Birthday Celebration set. Next is just lots of layering fun and cute papers bringing the focus to the 1! For a finishing touch, a few clouds were diecut from some adorable plka-dot paper!
Aren't all those papers just cute together! See, it pays to shop your stash! :-))))

Inspiration for this sweet little card was found at JayGee's Nook.  My focal inspiration was driven from the photo of the place setting and of course the colors. 
The Kraft Journal: Use Your Stash
Pixie's Crafty Snippet Challenge - Loads of Snippets here!
Crafty Friends Challenge - Use Two die cuts

~Tammy~
{Recipe}
Stamps: DeNami Designs
Paper: CS: Stampin' UP!, PP: Scraps
Ink: Stampin' UP!
Other: Punch: Creative Memories, Dies: PTI, Taylored Expressions

22 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooo stinkin' cute cute cute!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love the paper! this is just sooo cute

Mary J said...

I love this Tammy! Sweet, fresh and delightful! A great way to use those papers - I'm never that brave to mix patterns too much!

VanessaB said...

fun fun fun! what an adorable bright birthday card- she will love it! :)

VanessaB said...

PS- you were of no help with my cricut question. thanks a lot. HAHAHAHAHA! glad i'm not the only one. :) HAPPY FRIDAY!

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the papers...a great design.xxx

Anonymous said...

Tammy~You are so creative & this is just so cute! :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Love this colorful card, and such a happy card too...

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Tammy this is so darling and all from scraps I can't believe it!! xx

Sherrie K. said...

Grat mix of papers:) Super cute and so adorable!! Have a great wknd!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

Gorgeous bright card....

Jay Gee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jay Gee said...

Such a fun and happy card Tammy - very cute :) Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's.

Di said...

Fabulous Tammy - love all the bright colours, perfect for a little one year old to be fascinated by. Super use of snippets too, as always! Di xx

Annette Allen said...

aww so sweet...

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a stash you must have! And I don't mean 'stache. ;) This first birthday card is ultra cute with the polka dots; so very hip and 'now'. I've got to try the Kraft Journal; you play there a lot...my turn to check it out!

Sarn said...

Another lovely vibrant card. Perfection for a toddler. xxx

Mrs A. said...

so cute and colourful. Just right for the intended 1yr old. Hugs Mrs A.

Tan's Hobbies said...

Sweet and lovely card!!! Love the super sweet color combination and the overall layout!!

Bernie said...

OH This is just SOOOOO Cute! Love the happy bright colors.
Hugs

Linby said...

Lovely bright card and perfect for a 1 year old.
Linbyx

Dawn B. said...

This is the perfect card for a little one. Such pretty colors. Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal this week.