Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Dreaded 'MAN CARD'

Did the title of this post grab your attention? I'm willing to bet that at least a few of my card crafting friends out there can relate. If you're like me, you find yourself reaching for the ribbon, the buttons, the bows... the BLING that we all love. But wait! This is a 'man card'! You must dig down deep and find a way to restrain yourself!


I put this card together for my brother's birthday. The first jalopy, oops, I mean classic automobile that he ever rescued from the junkyard was a VW Bug. He was so proud of that car! When I showed the card to my mom, she reminded me of the first time that my brother took us for a ride in his bug. 


Since it was an early model, there were no seat belts installed. I'm not sure that the brakes worked all that well and I think there may have been an exhaust leak or two. It was probably the most dangerous ride of our lives, but hey, that's the sort of thing you do for your family, right? My brother is the best mechanic in the world and he brought that old car back to life.


Anyway, I thought it would be "cute" (sorry I had to get a girly word in there) to take a trip down memory lane and make him a special card. I'm sure that his recollection of the condition of that old VW is a little different than ours, but I'm hoping that he enjoys the little flash-back to his past on his birthday! J


Okay, enough rambling. I hereby submit,  to The Play Date Cafe color challenge, the dreaded 'MAN CARD'. 


Here are the colors we are to use this week!
I hope you are enjoying your day where ever you may be in your part of the world!
Warm aloha!
~Tammy~
{Recipe}
Stamps:  PTI
Paper: Stampin'  UP!: Cardstock, Textured Cardstock: DCWV,DP: SU
Ink: Momento and Pallette
Other: PTI and MFT Dies, Stickles, Marvey Punch

11 comments:

artfuldelight said...

LOVE the man card! I too have a hard time with masculine cards, I don't use bling or ribbon too much but I use flowers and bright girly colors that is really hard to tear away from. LOL! You did a wonderful job. :-)

Neet said...

I dread making MEN cards but this has worked so well and it is apt for your brother - great on two counts.

Merry said...

Your Man card has turned out wonderful...love the papers and colours.

Suzanne C said...

Great masculine birthday card. Lovely design. Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC.

Tenia Nelson said...

Very nice card!!!

Michele Gross said...

What a fun card for your brother! Guy cards are sooo hard for all the reasons you mentioned. Why can't boys just embrace ribbons and bling? ;) Fun story too! My first car was a restored VW karmann ghia convertible. I LOVED that car!! So much work getting those old cars right but soooo worth it :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Great masculine card, wonderful design, I'm sure your brother will love it. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Ayana Posadas said...

Great job with the masculine card! Those are always tough for me. I'm sure your brother loved it!

Karen B. said...

I think you could do more Man cards, this one is awesome. A perfect image, perfect colors!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fun color combo for a masculine card! Great idea:) Love that stamped background!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe:)

Ruby said...

I'm so with you on the 'dreaded' man cards! You've done a great job though, love it. Glad you could join in with us at the PDCC this week!